Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Insurance for 17 year old drive other cars

Announcements Posted on
Four hours left to win £100 of Amazon vouchers!! Don't miss out! Take our short survey to enter 24-10-2016
    • Thread Starter

    Hi, i am 17 years old, 18 in 1 month, passed my test a few months ago and i am in need of insurance to be able to drive different cars for my work, i cant find any companies who cover me To drive other cars as i am not 25 years old.
    Does anyone know a insurance company which allows Drive other cars for people my age or any sort of traders insurance which would allow this?

    Thanks in advance

    If it's for your work, why isn't the company covering you?

    Most consumer 'drive other vehicles' policies, which I doubt you'd ever get aged 17 for any reasonable price, usually only give 3rd party cover and almost certainly won't cover use for business.

    I can't imagine getting a traders policy aged 17. Again, if you actually work in the motor trade your company should cover you.
Write a reply…


Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 11, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

What do you wear to bed?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.