The Student Room Group

How to find the right girl, if they never give you a chance..

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MechEng90
How have you guys gone about meeting the right girl/guy for you?

I consider myself to be ok looking with good career prospects,a good sense of humour and a nice smile.

But i cant seem to find a girl that would ever give me a shot at dating her. I think it may be because of my looks if im honest. although i always dress pretty well...so it purely must be my face or something thats putting them off.

i dont get it atall....any advice?? or anyone fancy a coffee?? ha

The right girl will come, you just have to be patient!!

You'll find someone who likes you for who you are!! So no, it's not all down to looks!

and in terms of confidence around girls, how confident are you around them, how do you approach them?
:smile:
Reply 21
Original post by CleverSquirrel

You'll find someone who likes you for who you are!! So no, it's not all down to looks!

and in terms of confidence around girls, how confident are you around them, how do you approach them?

i dont really approach them if i dont know them....like i would usually wait until she looked at me or gave me some sort of sign to go up to her? but it never happpens so i never approach them?

i hope the above makes sense? i just don't believe in pestering a girl and trying to chat her up until i get a sign?
i dont really approach them if i dont know them....like i would usually wait until she looked at me or gave me some sort of sign to go up to her? but it never happpens so i never approach them?

i hope the above makes sense? i just don't believe in pestering a girl and trying to chat her up until i get a sign?

hmm i see, well i say then just start off by being friends and see where it leads you. When you do get the sign, then just start off by making friends with her, and just see where it leads to!!

Good luck :smile:
Reply 23
Original post by CleverSquirrel

been patient for years CleverSquirrel ha.

erm i can approach girls but like ive mentioned ill only do that if they give me a sign as i dont just walk up to girls because girls dont tend to want chatted up most of the time. so i wait for a sign like a smile or something? is that right?
Reply 24
I think blow outs are incredibly common. If you're average looks you have to work incredibly hard and suffer a lot of pain and even the attractive guys get rejected at times too.

What to do? Exploit your strengths and work on your weaknesses. Get a dating coach, a more able mate or a female friend. But above all keep at it. Success does come and is sweet.
Your username is MechEng 90, your 25 turning 26(1990 born)? Is this your last year of uni?

Relax man, you are very, very young, you have time to find the right women. You need to approach, don't wait for signals, just approach and have a conversation and see where it takes you. I've approached generally asking question (they were not interested in me before) as I started talking they got more interested.

I agree with Zarek, get a dating coach and he will work on your weaknesses and show you the way to approach, start a conversation, check out the authentic man within (Seb). He is a very good coach :smile:.
Reply 26
Original post by Drax101
Your username is MechEng 90, your 25 turning 26(1990 born)? Is this your last year of uni?

Relax man, you are very, very young, you have time to find the right women. You need to approach, don't wait for signals, just approach and have a conversation and see where it takes you. I've approached generally asking question (they were not interested in me before) as I started talking they got more interested.

I agree with Zarek, get a dating coach and he will work on your weaknesses and show you the way to approach, start a conversation, check out the authentic man within (Seb). He is a very good coach :smile:.

haha yes mate.

a dating coach? do they actually work?

like will smith in the film hitch? lol
literally just be confident, dating coaches are a scam 99% of the time. Be open, be slightly obnoxious but remain bareable and just be natural.

The right girl will like you, and that's what you're asking for.
haha yes mate.

a dating coach? do they actually work?

like will smith in the film hitch? lol

A dating coach will help you. It is true like the below poster has stated there are a number of scams and some of them are only after your money.

Seb at The Authentic Man Within will help you, he is a natural coach.

Anyway, good luck with everything, just believe it yourself, believe you can get the girl and talk to as many females as you can. Go to the gym, dress well, smell nice, wear good shoes, be sociable, have hobbies, have things to talk about and you will be fine :smile:.
been patient for years CleverSquirrel ha.

erm i can approach girls but like ive mentioned ill only do that if they give me a sign as i dont just walk up to girls because girls dont tend to want chatted up most of the time. so i wait for a sign like a smile or something? is that right?

haha well, honestly, the right girl will come along when you least expect it!

I see, Yup- that's true , don't go straight in, you don't want to scare her away!
Wait for a sign, start of with a smile, then maybe, a friendly 'hi'? It doesn't harm anyone right?!

Ease up, be confident and I'm sure everything will work out just fine for you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending