The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Which accommodation?

Hi guys, I'm so stressed out about which uni accommodation I should choose for - I'm going to Uni of Leeds. I've fallen in love with Devonshire Hall but I'm slightly put off by the curfew and the type of people that may be there. This sounds so stupid but I went to Kings College London last year and really didn't get on with the people so I don't want this to be the case again...I'm so sociable and always up for going out but love the facilities and how pretty the grounds are. I just don't want to be stuck with people who aren't on my vibe? Has anyone been? What are the types of people that go for this accommodation...Are they stuck up and completely work orientated or not? I know its a popular choice for music people as it has its own choir and orchestra but that isn't really my scene. Will I be out of place going here? My other choice is Lupton but thats only because a few of my friends got put in there this year and they seem to be having an amazing time but the grounds and single bed don't do it for me! Please any advice would be amazing because I'm so stressed out and don't want to be in the same situation as I was last year.
Reply 1
Hello!

There are some absolutely fantastic accommodation in Leeds.

It is always nice to be able to treat the place like your home, you wouldn't have a curfew at home! However, a little bit of presence from the agent is also nice to feel looked after!

In Headingley there is a brand new accommodation site been built that is absolutely amazing, includes a gym and is close to the centre I think it is called Trinity Hall.
In Hyde Park there is another one as well that seems pretty fun, Hyde Park I stayed there in my first year with Niche Homes
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Original post by JK5559
Hi guys, I'm so stressed out about which uni accommodation I should choose for - I'm going to Uni of Leeds. I've fallen in love with Devonshire Hall but I'm slightly put off by the curfew and the type of people that may be there. This sounds so stupid but I went to Kings College London last year and really didn't get on with the people so I don't want this to be the case again...I'm so sociable and always up for going out but love the facilities and how pretty the grounds are. I just don't want to be stuck with people who aren't on my vibe? Has anyone been? What are the types of people that go for this accommodation...Are they stuck up and completely work orientated or not? I know its a popular choice for music people as it has its own choir and orchestra but that isn't really my scene. Will I be out of place going here? My other choice is Lupton but thats only because a few of my friends got put in there this year and they seem to be having an amazing time but the grounds and single bed don't do it for me! Please any advice would be amazing because I'm so stressed out and don't want to be in the same situation as I was last year.

Hiya there :smile:

What are you going to be studying? Was it not as good of a course in London?

We have a few properties in Leeds with shared rooms, studios and communal spaces so they tend to be very social for students! For example at Pennine House we have an on-site gym, in-house cinema, work rooms and a large common room so there is always something to do! They are also all well located and with available rooms starting at £119 per week at Algernon Firth you should take a look :tongue:

http://www.collegiate-ac.com/uk-student-accommodation/leeds is the link!

I hope you find Leeds better than London and that you have a great year! Good luck

Amelia xx :badger:

Quick Reply

Latest