The Student Room Group

Design a meal plan for me?

As a diabetic, it's often hard to balance eating clean but not overloading on too many carbs. Can anyone devise a meal plan (or give an example of a day) that meets a 2000 calorie diet that is clean, healthy and still has a decent amount of carbs in?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rEaR vIeW
As a diabetic, it's often hard to balance eating clean but not overloading on too many carbs. Can anyone devise a meal plan (or give an example of a day) that meets a 2000 calorie diet that is clean, healthy and still has a decent amount of carbs in?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ok are you like vegetarian or vegan, lactose intolerant, celiac etc?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Other people can correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think a meal plan is ideal. *coughs* cookie cutter plans.

My argument is that it would be better if you track your overall macros(fats/carbs/protein) and use that as a tool to go about dieting overall as that is much more sustainable than say for example going out to eat but x food isn't on your meal plan. You don't have to eat clean just eat whole foods and if your craving something just fit it into your macros by adjusting/making space for it throughout the day.

Also, where did you pluck 2000 calories from? Often people starting diets etc don't know their caloric maintenance level so its important to check what your maintenance level is for example method 1) track everything you eat in a day OR method 2) weigh yourself, start at 'x' calories, weigh yourself the day after but average it out due to weight fluctuating.

Hope I helped! :smile:
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
Other people can correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think a meal plan is ideal. *coughs* cookie cutter plans.

My argument is that it would be better if you track your overall macros(fats/carbs/protein) and use that as a tool to go about dieting overall as that is much more sustainable than say for example going out to eat but x food isn't on your meal plan. You don't have to eat clean just eat whole foods and if your craving something just fit it into your macros by adjusting/making space for it throughout the day.

Also, where did you pluck 2000 calories from? Often people starting diets etc don't know their caloric maintenance level so its important to check what your maintenance level is for example method 1) track everything you eat in a day OR method 2) weigh yourself, start at 'x' calories, weigh yourself the day after but average it out due to weight fluctuating.

Hope I helped! :smile:

I agree that also 2000 cal is quite low a 14 y.o need 1400 and that's if they are going to be not moving all day.

But I wasn't going to rant so.. Yeah

Here is a website

http://www.eatingwell.com/nutrition_health/weight_loss_diet_plans/diet_meal_plans/7_day_diabetes_meal_plan?pC=1200&pT=7day_diabetes&pD=2

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why are you eating clean?
Why 2000 calories?
Why avoiding carbs?
Original post by 999tigger
Why are you eating clean?
Why 2000 calories?
Why avoiding carbs?

Exactly my point.

Maybe @WoodyMKC can help OP out and shed his knowledge. :lol:
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
Exactly my point.

Maybe @WoodyMKC can help OP out and shed his knowledge. :lol:

Not even going to attempt it, OP is diabetic which I don't understand enough about to make a meal plan for. As I understand, diabetics are best off eating modest but regular portions of low GI carbs throughout the day, but I'm not qualified or knowledgable enough about the condition to advise anything that could potentially **** them up. That, and OP gave us practically 0 information to work with :lol:

OP, what I can advise, is speaking to your doctor.

Quick Reply

Latest