The Student Room Group

Is He ,Making EXCUSES not to meet me

1st time - he is ill
2nd time -no reason 'just cant' -tries to rearrange next day
3rd time - he is busy with uni

This guy keeps setting up dates and then flaking on me on three occasions in a row., I have meet him once only. when I do meet him he is such a gentleman and does everything perfect. He tells me all these great plans he made for us to do when we meet but then he fails to meet and usually tells me he can't on the day or day before and then proceeds to arrange another date. He behaves as if his reasons are geniune and he i.e. when he was ill he tells me how he missed his exams etc.

Please someone explain this to me? Why is he doing this?
(edited 7 years ago)
No idea but I wouldn't give a guy the time of day if he did this to me more than once, unless it was for health reasons.
I'd give up too. Can understand it if it's for things like illness.
Original post by ri.hevensgate
1st time - he is ill
2nd time -no reason 'just cant' -tries to rearrange next day
3rd time - he is busy with uni

This guy keeps setting up dates and then flaking on me on three occasions in a row., I have meet him once only. when I do meet him he is such a gentleman and does everything perfect. He tells me all these great plans he made for us to do when we meet but then he fails to meet and usually tells me he can't on the day or day before and then proceeds to arrange another date. He behaves as if his reasons are geniune and he i.e. when he was ill he tells me how he missed his exams etc.

Please someone explain this to me? Why is he doing this?

Lots of explanations are possible, but speculating won't help you.

What will IMO is for YOU to decide what you are willing to tolerate. (How much is the flaking getting to you? How ready are you to continue investing in the connection?)

You might mention it to him the next time you meet, & see how he reacts, if at all.

Good luck.
Reply 4
Yes
Sounds like he's really not that interested in seeing you and doesn't have the heart to tell you no.
I agree with the above, take the hint. It's very possible that all of his excuses are valid, but it's also just as likely he doesn't want to hurt your feelings, so he's leading you along.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending