The Student Room Group

CfE Higher Graphic Communication Thread - 2015/16

Didn't see a thread for this so in anticipation of today's exam thought I'd make one.
Reply 1
I didn't think there was one for graph comm, guess I was right.

Went ok for me, paper seemed pretty reasonable.

What about everyone else?
Reply 2
Original post by rmac4
Anyone remember their answers :/ ?

I can remember a few of mine, if you had any specifics you wanted to ask. Thought the papers was pretty good mostly! I'm never good a section hatching questions but at least it was only 5 marks.
Reply 3
Yeah I remember most of them.

Just curious, what did everybody write for the final question? The one about the three symbols.
Reply 4
Original post by PTS_99
Yeah I remember most of them.

Just curious, what did everybody write for the final question? The one about the three symbols.

I put insulation, towel rack and manhole cover. Not too sure about the last two.
Reply 5
I put insulation, double socket and a shower tray (I knew that wasn't right but I was out of ideas, almost put drains).

Well the answers were in fact insulation, towel rack and drainage (not sure if manhole cover would get the mark, with it being a floor plan specifically).
Reply 6
Original post by rmac4
I put insulation, towel rack and drainage.
What was missing from the location plan on the last questions?
What was the one 3D cad tool that helped the starch thing and the guitar the same shape?

A North symbol, Contour lines, building shape/location, boundaries, trees - it wasn't necessarily what was missing, it was what would be shown on the BS version of that drawing.

The 3D CAD tool was offset.
Yeah. the paper was overall quite decent, apart from one thing. "What are registration marks, and what are they used for?" was a question I was.. confused by. Does anyone know what registration marks are?
Reply 8
Original post by CitrusConfusion
Yeah. the paper was overall quite decent, apart from one thing. "What are registration marks, and what are they used for?" was a question I was.. confused by. Does anyone know what registration marks are?

They are a part of the printing process to make sure that all of the colours/parts of the printing process are properly aligned (CYMK)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending