The Student Room Group

My Boyfriend gives me the feeling I'm not good enough for him...

Scroll to see replies

They only get worse after they start saying things like that!! Get rid!!
I know you really like him now which is why you are willing to stay with him but after a while you'll be like "ew why did I stay".
Don't waste your time.

I got told by my ex that I was the 2nd cutest girlfriend he'd had out of 4 once and I was like :unimpressed:
Original post by Strawberry68
They only get worse after they start saying things like that!! Get rid!!
I know you really like him now which is why you are willing to stay with him but after a while you'll be like "ew why did I stay".
Don't waste your time.

I got told by my ex that I was the 2nd cutest girlfriend he'd had out of 4 once and I was like :unimpressed:

What a savage!!
Consider whether you would rather be with someone who was capable of being honest with you or if you'd prefer someone who is just a sycophant who is always going to say what you want to hear. Secondary consideration is if his comment was prompted by you or not. If it was unprompted then that's kind of a jerk thing to say. Otherwise maybe he just needs to learn to be a bit more tactful. If it isn't a serious relationship and it was unprompted it's probably best for you to just bin. If it is a serious relationship, then take into consideration how he usually is with you, people can say hurtful things - usually to the people closest to them.
Original post by Wired_1800
What a savage!!

Turns out he had mild autism so I think it was more of a lack of correct social skills...
Original post by Strawberry68
Turns out he had mild autism so I think it was more of a lack of correct social skills...

Oh, okay. i take back the 'savage' reference.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending