The Student Room Group

Need some help so I don't get caught out

I've been offered a new job, Yay!
However, on my CV, I exaggerated and said I worked at a previous position for two years rather than one, this isn't a problem in terms of the reference because my old boss is aware and will stand by me, HOWEVER, the new job wants P45s and P60s going back as far as 5 years which is where the worry comes in.

I worked for these guys Sep 2014-July 2015, I've said I worked for them from Feb 2013-July 2015, any ides what to do?
If I were to obtain the correct forms and change the dates/values if necessary, would it be likely to come back and bite me?

Thanks
Reply 1
Honesty is the only way through my friend.
I'm pretty sure filling in your P45 and P60 forms with false information would be fraudulent and would definitely bite you. Don't lie in future maybe?
Reply 3
See the timeline here is important:
I was in the old job while at uni, I was never given P45s or P60s from it. I informed my old boss I was embellishing the time I was there and he will back me up if they contact him.

I've now been in a job for the last 8 months, I have a P45 for when I leave and I have a P60 - all of which is above board and perfectly fine.

The new job wants my P45s from my uni job as proof of activity, it isn't for tax purposes or anything it's just that they go back five years for new hires.

Would I be best to simply say I never got any of those documents from my uni job?
Original post by Trigger93
See the timeline here is important:
I was in the old job while at uni, I was never given P45s or P60s from it. I informed my old boss I was embellishing the time I was there and he will back me up if they contact him.

I've now been in a job for the last 8 months, I have a P45 for when I leave and I have a P60 - all of which is above board and perfectly fine.

The new job wants my P45s from my uni job as proof of activity, it isn't for tax purposes or anything it's just that they go back five years for new hires.

Would I be best to simply say I never got any of those documents from my uni job?

Yep just say you were never given them. I have had several jobs and only had P45/P60s from one of them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending