The Student Room Group

Can't revise :/ help

I had such a strong start to the year.. I was studying hard and later I was studying smart. I worked my butt off for the longest time and I am predicted all A's for AS levels. Problem is... I can't revise. I don't know what to do to revise. I've done flash cards, I've remade notes and done mind maps etc. But in NO way am I ready for the new specification papers.. They're a lot harder so I didn't do as well on them which scares me. Also I'm scared that despite all the effort i put in this year Im gonna end up screwing up somehow. Like I'll get flustered in an exam and panic (which happens often) despite having revised a load. So my questions are: What can I do to revise? Obviously I've not revised enough until I'm consistently hitting full marks or close to it. I can do that in old specification papers but for the new spec its a lot harder plus theres a lack of resources. Not sure how to revise for anymore. I've done every past paper there is, and I still dont feel comfortable due to the new spec papers being so difficult. Help!
I don't know if you do Sciences but I'll give me experience. With the new spec for physics, I feel like they're making it more applied and just applying physics into everyday scenarios. Currently, I'm doing past papers from the old-old spec, back til 2001. Especially the Unit 10 Synoptics papers for AQA's old spec before 2009. I feel as if the Q's in the synoptics paper were just more applied which they are, Same with Computer Science, attempting the very old COMP4 papers too.

Hope all goes well! Good Luck!
Reply 2
Original post by TheTechnoGuy
I don't know if you do Sciences but I'll give me experience. With the new spec for physics, I feel like they're making it more applied and just applying physics into everyday scenarios. Currently, I'm doing past papers from the old-old spec, back til 2001. Especially the Unit 10 Synoptics papers for AQA's old spec before 2009. I feel as if the Q's in the synoptics paper were just more applied which they are, Same with Computer Science, attempting the very old COMP4 papers too.

Hope all goes well! Good Luck!

Thanks! I've done all the past papers from 2009 onwards. Where can I find these Unit 10 Synoptics papers for AQA old spec?
Idek what I'm doing with CompSci... I've picked out relevant questions but stuff is missing from the old papers and there stuff I haven't learnt from the old spec. I've done every question I can though but I think I'll go over them.
Original post by Someboady
Thanks! I've done all the past papers from 2009 onwards. Where can I find these Unit 10 Synoptics papers for AQA old spec?
Idek what I'm doing with CompSci... I've picked out relevant questions but stuff is missing from the old papers and there stuff I haven't learnt from the old spec. I've done every question I can though but I think I'll go over them.

http://www.egsphysics.co.uk/files/web_pages/exams.html

Very useful, just scroll down where it starts off from 2001 for A-Levels. There's no such thing as "too much" revision, if you want the best possible grade then its woth pushing yourself an extra mile.

Good Luck!

Quick Reply

Latest