The Student Room Group

OCR AS Law 2016 predictions?

Scroll to see replies

I highly doubt Statutory Interpretation will come up. If it does come up, EU law won't.

I'm not revising SI in great detail - just focussing on DL, JP, Acts of Parliament and Law Reform.

Good luck!
How do you use the sources with regards to answering questions.

How long should the 5 mark questions be
Would it be an issue if I answered the questions in a non-chronological manner - e.g. part C before part A?
Original post by null.and.void.
Would it be an issue if I answered the questions in a non-chronological manner - e.g. part C before part A?

Technically no but the examiner won't like you for it...or at least if I was marking I'd be peeved.
how did people find the paper? and who done the delegated and law reform question, what was your answer for the firs question and the sources.
I screwed up the first question. I honestly couldn't remember any sources as I was focussing on the role of the law commission when I was revising. I ended up giving it my best shot by writing about the law commission and just about managed to make a point about public opinion. Now looking at the text book, I feel like an absolute moron.

I think I did well on the other questions. Just hoping I pick up a few marks from Q1, even though I didn't answer the question properly :frown:

The grade boundaries say around 50+ marks for an A. If I get a B in this and have a B for G151, what will I need to get an A for A2?

I wrote about law commission, pressure groups and MP's as they voice constituents grievances at a public level (public opinion), but I'm not sure if thats right. the others questions were good, what did you right for the apply questions.
I'm not too sure what you need for A in A2 probably high A's.
Hi everyone. I answered question one on delegated legislation. I think question 1 a i rambled on wrote about pressure groups, law commision basically used source a, think that this paper was better than the last one. Would love to get a b in as levels, but as long as i get a c this year im happu. Next year want a a grade minimum a b grade wouls make me happy. Though i know i need to work hard.

Good luck everyone
Original post by Hope_at_last
I wrote about law commission, pressure groups and MP's as they voice constituents grievances at a public level (public opinion), but I'm not sure if thats right. the others questions were good, what did you right for the apply questions.
I'm not too sure what you need for A in A2 probably high A's.

I honestly don't remember. I think I wrote about bylaws, orders in council and then statutory instruments. I gave examples of different Acts for each and then expanded on why.
Reply 28
Hey,
How did it go? I answered the LR & DL question, I found it ok, but it took me a while to figure out the first question was influences in spite of it being in Source A! I was so shocked to see SI on there
Reply 29
I did the Stat Intrument I Knew that if stats the rule of language would come up and I memorised all the cases and the question of LR was soooo weird I felt like we had to talk about things other than LR and I was just confused so I did the question I felt more confident with
Original post by Suraj98
Hey,
How did it go? I answered the LR & DL question, I found it ok, but it took me a while to figure out the first question was influences in spite of it being in Source A! I was so shocked to see SI on there
hey, it was okay but the first question took me awhile and the source helped. what did you write for it and what did you write for the apply questions.
I honestly don't remember. I think I wrote about bylaws, orders in council and then statutory instruments. I gave examples of different Acts for each and then expanded on why.
i wrote by law, statutory instrument for the other two. why did you say the second one was order in council?
Reply 32
hey, it was okay but the first question took me awhile and the source helped. what did you write for it and what did you write for the apply questions.

Hi, I wrote about pressure groups, law commission, Royal commission, the judiciary, change in public opinion and the media. For the first scenario I wrote a Bylaw, second Order in Council and the final a Statutory Instrument. I feel as though the last two scenarios were quite difficult to explain
Original post by Suraj98
Hi, I wrote about pressure groups, law commission, Royal commission, the judiciary, change in public opinion and the media. For the first scenario I wrote a Bylaw, second Order in Council and the final a Statutory Instrument. I feel as though the last two scenarios were quite difficult to explain
oh you wrote a lot for the first one. I wrote pressure group, royal commission, law commission and public opinion. the scenarios i think i got it wrong cause i wrote by law, statutory instrument for the other two. Why was the second one order in council?
For question one on delegated legislation

What did you all answer for the b part, where there were three situations and you had to choose the appropriate delegated legislation.
For the first situation I wrote by laws
For the second situation I wrote orders in council
For the third and final situation I wrote statutory interpretation.
Original post by SabithaK
For question one on delegated legislation

What did you all answer for the b part, where there were three situations and you had to choose the appropriate delegated legislation.
For the first situation I wrote by laws
For the second situation I wrote orders in council
For the third and final situation I wrote statutory interpretation.
i think you got it right as most people have this answer I got the second one wrong cause I wrote statutory instrument
i think you got it right as most people have this answer I got the second one wrong cause I wrote statutory instrument

Thanks. I hope the answer is right, but you might be right though.
How did you guys link the sources to the answers - specifically for DL and Law Reform?
Hi everyone. How did everyone find yesterday's exam.
Original post by SabithaK
Hi everyone. How did everyone find yesterday's exam.

I actually found the exam quite easy (q1), although I was confused about what 1a was asking for at first. Thankfully DL come up though as I didn't revise statutory as I wasn't expecting it to come up again.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest