The Student Room Group

My Sister was on her way to uni to have a career in law but decided to opt out at the

Ok, This is the story, My Sister Has Completed her AS and A Levels and Was on her way to lincoln university but when she got there, the rooms where filthly and she just decided to opt out. So Now she is 19 and working in some rubbish opticians working part time and earning £5.45 an hour. And The thing is I wanted to go to college and uni but after my sisters experience I dont no what I should do, I mean My sister keeps on going on about how much debt she would of got into etc and its really putting me off.
Letting your sister put you off is daft. Fair enough, if I had gone to uni and ended up in a really bad room I probably wouldn't have been happy at all. But if she left that easily without asking for a transfer, and is now just doing a job to stay on her feet rather than looking to re-apply to other uni's, she obviously hasn't got the drive for it. Going on about the debt sounds like she's trying to justify to herself her reason for leaving uni. Yes, you will come out with debt, as does almost every other student, but you pay it back at a really low rate and only when your earnings hit £15,000.

If you have an ambition to go to uni and study towards a career, please don't let what your sister failed to achieve put you off.
Reply 2
Do what you want to do, dont listen to your sister

If she has a rubbish job (in your opinion) then that says it all really, do you really want to follow the same path as her? If not, go to uni

Although I dont understand really why she opted out just because of the rooms, surely she could have found alternative accommodation? :confused:

Latest

Trending

Trending