The Student Room Group

I'm starting a Marketing Management course at UEA but I have a question

I am not that good at maths, if at all good. I got a C in the GCSE and proceeded to do a Business BTEC which has lead my to Marketing Management

However I am worried about the accounting and finance units that I will be doing in my first year of the course, is the maths going to be a complete pain for me and what kind of difficulty could it be measured at?

Anyway I can prepare myself or any tips that I can use to get through these units?
(First time posting so not sure if I'm doing this right)
Reply 1
Yo,

I'm graduating from the BSc Marketing and Management course this July. Is the module you are worried about called "Introduction to accounting and finance"? (Not sure if they've changed it since I started the course). If so, it isn't too bad. I had a preliminary maths test in the first few weeks of university, which I did badly enough on to warrant a semesters worth of "extra maths" seminars. They were pretty helpful, and it wasn't so much that I sucked at maths, more that I had a gap year and so hadn't had to study maths since GCSE. I ended up passing the module with an average of 85 or something, which is one of the highest I've had in three years at uni, so it's definitely doable!

Hope this helps, feel free to message me if you have any more questions about the course, I'd be happy to help!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending