Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Edinburgh Napier or Abertay?

Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016

Hi, I am finishing in next month Computer Games Development in college and I am still not sure where I really want to study: Abertay (Game Design) or Edinburgh Napier (Games Development). And that's why I wanted to ask about opinions about these universities. Which one seems to be better for future in game industry? Which one has better opinions, lecturers, or anything? And what is the most annoying in these places?
    Basically just all pros and cons.
    Thanks for answers

I'm going into the gaming industry too, not via the same route. I was stuck between Abertay and Napier. If I could have gone to Abertay, I would have, however some of the content for me wasn't compatible. I'm going to Napier instead and following a route more tailored to the specific areas of study I want to learn.
    Both universities have got great reasons to study there. Edinburgh has a great success rate and it's the capital, Abertay is where some of Scotland's biggest companies and brightest in the gaming industry studied, not to mention it's pretty prestigious for doing gaming courses. Either one will be great for a future career.
    But for me, I went Edinburgh! Maybe see you there in September! If not, good luck with your decision.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 17, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Do you like sleeping in a cold room?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.