The Student Room Group

IGCSE's Leaked?

Okay, so i am having my Human Biology igcse edexcel exam tomorrow morning, from what i have heard people in countries where their time is back some hours will do the exam in some hours, will the exams be the same? and therefor be able to leak some questions? Is that a myth or not?
Reply 1
Original post by aris12343
Okay, so i am having my Human Biology igcse edexcel exam tomorrow morning, from what i have heard people in countries where their time is back some hours will do the exam in some hours, will the exams be the same? and therefor be able to leak some questions? Is that a myth or not?

they do a different paper to pupils in england. Don't try and cheat, just revise.
Reply 2
Original post by nega166
they do a different paper to pupils in england. Don't try and cheat, just revise.

Already revised, it is pretty easy, but firstly i am not from the uk, and if the papers were different, wouldn't there be different forms of past papers on the internet? i know for a fact that gcses and igcses have different papers but i thought all igcse papers were the same, am i mistaken?
Reply 3
Even if so, don't try and cheat smh.
Reply 4
Already revised, it is pretty easy, but firstly i am not from the uk, and if the papers were different, wouldn't there be different forms of past papers on the internet? i know for a fact that gcses and igcses have different papers but i thought all igcse papers were the same, am i mistaken?

no. edexcel IGCSEs have R "regional" papers, I just did 2 for Chemistry. Not all websites stock them though. You shouldn't be cheating anyway. If you've revised you'll do well. good luck

You can not cheat in igcse papers since they have multiple codes for the papers. Example while I was going to do my igcse's i was doing the paper 32 for chem, while people in another country were doing paper 31, and another part was doing 33. However sometimes the questions are quite similar between the papers, (especially in cie igcse papers, idk about other exam boards).
Reply 6
Original post by randomperson11
You can not cheat in igcse papers since they have multiple codes for the papers. Example while I was going to do my igcse's i was doing the paper 32 for chem, while people in another country were doing paper 31, and another part was doing 33. However sometimes the questions are quite similar between the papers, (especially in cie igcse papers, idk about other exam boards).

Oh!Thanks for answering my question in so much detail, i heard stories and wanted to solve it once and for all. Any tips for my tomorrows exam? it is my first IGCSE exam..
yes that's true, they have the same topics i think but different questions. i dont do IGCSE so can't really help but good luck anyway:smile:
Oh!Thanks for answering my question in so much detail, i heard stories and wanted to solve it once and for all. Any tips for my tomorrows exam? it is my first IGCSE exam..

Well just understanding the content in detail, that's all you need to know and keep practising past papers. Do every single one you can possibly find. When I was preparing for igcses I printed out most of the past papers for my subjects and then what I did was split the questions up topic wise. Like for biology I had around 13 chapters, and so I looked through the questions and kept like drugs questions in one pile and like homoeostasis in another pile etc. This made it really easy for me because if I was weak in an area I would immediately just pick up that chapter past papers and go over them. Also sometimes the questions overlap in 2 chapters so I just printed that question twice to keep it in both of the piles.
Also I started doing this like at the very beginning so I didnt have much of a mess for sciences (I only did this for science xD). So yeahh... Oh btw dont print out all the past papers and then try arranging it, its going to be alot of work, do it by one past paper at a time... Hope this helps :biggrin:
Alsoooo lol while I practised past papers I didn't really try bothering to answer them, I just read through the question and then immediately looked at the mark scheme and copied down the answer in pencil. Answering them in pencil allowed me to erase it and practise over the sheet as many times as I wanted. Also copying the markscheme allows you to immediately realise what type of keywords that they want, some boards are very lenient with the wording
Reply 9
Is there any leaked papers for chemistry because i cant handle it and my father forced me to register it
Original post by dyler
Is there any leaked papers for chemistry because i cant handle it and my father forced me to register it

This was 2 years ago. Why can't you revise?
Reply 11
And how much u got?

Quick Reply

Latest