The Student Room Group

Biomedical degree then Dentistry degree.

I want to study dentistry at university however i've come to the conclusion it just isn't going to happen and I defiantly won't get an offer and I've heard that doing a degree beforehand can make it easier, so i was wondering how easy it it to get into dentistry if say you'd done a biomedical degree or pharmacology degree beforehand?

Also dentistry usually requires all A's at A level and say if you got 2 A's and a B then did a biomedical degree, then after that reapplied for dentistry would you be able to even if you didn't get the recommended A-Level grades but you've done a degree in biomed?

Sorry if this is really confusing its just that I really want to do dentistry however I'm not ridiculously smart and it's so competitive that I wouldn't even get an interview, so I'm thinking about taking the biomed/pharmacology route to get into it even if it does mean an extra 3 years.
Reply 1
Hi lummzie

Idk if this is abit late or not but i've heard that you can do bio med then re apply and get in - not 100% sure but i've heard it often so i'm assuming it's true. I heard the same for Dental Hygiene and Therapy (3 years) then apply for dentistry and you can get in but I need confirmation for that one.

Idrk if you've found the answer by now but.... yea there ya go :smile:
Reply 2
Hey, I know of a few students who have been in your position. I will get back to you shortly as I know one in particular ended up with an offer at Kings this year.

Regards.

Quick Reply

Latest