Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Biomedical degree then Dentistry degree.

Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016

I want to study dentistry at university however i've come to the conclusion it just isn't going to happen and I defiantly won't get an offer and I've heard that doing a degree beforehand can make it easier, so i was wondering how easy it it to get into dentistry if say you'd done a biomedical degree or pharmacology degree beforehand?

Also dentistry usually requires all A's at A level and say if you got 2 A's and a B then did a biomedical degree, then after that reapplied for dentistry would you be able to even if you didn't get the recommended A-Level grades but you've done a degree in biomed?

Sorry if this is really confusing its just that I really want to do dentistry however I'm not ridiculously smart and it's so competitive that I wouldn't even get an interview, so I'm thinking about taking the biomed/pharmacology route to get into it even if it does mean an extra 3 years.

Hi lummzie

Idk if this is abit late or not but i've heard that you can do bio med then re apply and get in - not 100% sure but i've heard it often so i'm assuming it's true. I heard the same for Dental Hygiene and Therapy (3 years) then apply for dentistry and you can get in but I need confirmation for that one.

Idrk if you've found the answer by now but.... yea there ya go

Hey, I know of a few students who have been in your position. I will get back to you shortly as I know one in particular ended up with an offer at Kings this year.

Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 19, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Do you like sleeping in a cold room?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.