The Student Room Group

Postgraduate admission.

Hi,i got two conditional offers from Loughborough university and university of Exeter to study MSc finance and management. I am an international student and i dont really know much about universities in the uk,really in a tight corner my deadline for both schools is next week. Please really need help deciding. Thanks
You need to think about what is important to you and weigh up pros and cons of each uni accordingly. No one on here can do that for you. Also think about which course is more interesting and will get you to where you want to be career wise. It's a bit strange that you've applied and are willing to pay international fees without a clear idea of what you want to get out of this.
Have a look at the Open Day films on You Tube. This will give you a very good idea of what each Uni looks like and the things they think are important about 'their' Uni. Also, read the Wikipedia entry for each Un and for the town its in.
Original post by Kemdy
Hi,i got two conditional offers from Loughborough university and university of Exeter to study MSc finance and management. I am an international student and i dont really know much about universities in the uk,really in a tight corner my deadline for both schools is next week. Please really need help deciding. Thanks

Great to hear you're thinking of joining us here at Loughborough :smile: Let me know if you have any specific questions that would help with your decision.

Teresa
Reply 4
Original post by Loughborough University
Great to hear you're thinking of joining us here at Loughborough :smile: Let me know if you have any specific questions that would help with your decision.

Teresa

Oh, hi, I've heard alot about Loughborough, had a couple of frnds who schooled there but when u ask them about the school, they dont really give you convincing answers, university of Exeter is also a great school,though I've not heard much about them, and if you watch their youtube channel, nothing really fantastic. but if you check the rankings, you might get confused, Loughborough university was 13th last year, now they are 7th this year, in as much you guys have connections with big companies, does the ranking the ranking really matter?? Plus i heard the social aspect is on the low side.
Hello Kemdy,

Only you will be able to make the best decision for you,think what attracted you to apply to study at Loughborough originally, and whether those things are still important to you.

Whatever you are interested in there is something for everyone at Loughborough. Have a look on our website, view the videos and get a feel for life here. We're very proud that our Student Experience is ranked 1st, we're 7th in the Complete University Guide as you mention (from 13th) and we've been voted as having the best Students' Union and also University of the Year to name a few! Loughborough University is ranked in the top 13 in each of the most recent national league tables - the league tables compare the UK’s 120+ universities on a range of criteria, including student satisfaction, research quality and graduate prospects, as well as specific subject areas.

I hope you make your decision soon, it is big decision so you are right to question everything, good luck with your journey and decision making, I hope this helps,

Becky :smile:

Original post by Kemdy
Oh, hi, I've heard alot about Loughborough, had a couple of frnds who schooled there but when u ask them about the school, they dont really give you convincing answers, university of Exeter is also a great school,though I've not heard much about them, and if you watch their youtube channel, nothing really fantastic. but if you check the rankings, you might get confused, Loughborough university was 13th last year, now they are 7th this year, in as much you guys have connections with big companies, does the ranking the ranking really matter?? Plus i heard the social aspect is on the low side.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending