The Student Room Group

Summer Employment

Hello everyone,

I'm doing A-levels at the moment, and starting at UCL to read physics in the autumn. The long term plan is to go into something related to finance.

Over the summer holidays I'm hoping to work. I was hoping there might be a way to do something of slightly more worth in experience terms than just working on a till, or behind a bar.

Does anyone know of any centralised service detailing possible internships and other such programmes that would be suitable? I've written off to the local banks, but I know such databases and schemes exist for those already at university, and I hoped their might be an equivalent for those just about to start.

Many thanks for any help.
I can't even get the till or bar job lol... I'm useless at that!

Good luck in your search :hugs:
Reply 2
Andregide
Hello everyone,

I'm doing A-levels at the moment, and starting at UCL to read physics in the autumn. The long term plan is to go into something related to finance.

Over the summer holidays I'm hoping to work. I was hoping there might be a way to do something of slightly more worth in experience terms than just working on a till, or behind a bar.

Does anyone know of any centralised service detailing possible internships and other such programmes that would be suitable? I've written off to the local banks, but I know such databases and schemes exist for those already at university, and I hoped their might be an equivalent for those just about to start.

Many thanks for any help.

these schemes aren't really organised (much) by the university - you have to do all the investigating/applying yourself - you might be able to find out about internships from your local university's website (careers dept.) - or you could be cheeky and go down to the careers office and ask for advice - they're not gonna check whether you're a student :wink:

Latest

Trending

Trending