The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

58 words per minute with this test http://www.typingtest.com/

I got so flustered at the end :dontknow:
Reply 2
Original post by Fox Corner
58 words per minute with this test http://www.typingtest.com/

I got so flustered at the end :dontknow:

63 words per minute. Same! Was bashing the keyboard like crazy towards the end :rofl:
Reply 3
0000.jpg
Found that image from the last typing thread... highest ever on 10 fast fingers is 143
125 adjusted speed trying the other one now. I was alright until the word "shepherd" for some reason that messes me up lol
edit: 132 on Wizard of Oz, bit easier imo..
(edited 7 years ago)
80. I always mess up on words like "quick"
128 WP/S. With a few spelling errors however

e; ladies, I am available.
82 :u:
Reply 7
When we were taught to type in primary school, I remember hitting around 135WPM. I'm scared to take the online typing test, because I'm afraid that I just can't type that well any longer!

I type weirdly though. I don't do it the proper way. I developed my own little way and can't be arsed to re-train my brain.
90-100 but then I get stressed and make mistakes. I prefer to type around 60-70WPM.
Around 140wpm with a few typos, but more like 120 with full accuracy. At high speeds like this, I sometimes tend to type quicker than I think so tend to keep to 115-120.
Are we talking touch typing? If so, I'm still practising that; but 50 WPM when adjusted for errors and before I've woken up properly/warmed my fingers up/had coffee etc. Will update later once I've found my flow.
78 WPM but I learned to type with just two fingers and my thumbs on the spacebar really young and haven't been able to grow out of that habit. :colondollar:
Reply 13
171 on Typeracer - 150 on 10FastFingers. Happy to challenge any of you to a race on Typeracer sometime to all the avid typists out there :biggrin:

OP, you need to give a website to standardize results.
64 w/m , with punctuation , without would be definitely 80's
66, though I only type with two fingers and thumb on each hand. Never taught how to touch type so just developed my own way of doing it, I imagine I could be faster if I actually learned.
62 WPM in typingtest.com :biggrin:
about 100 with full accuracy

Latest