Hey! Sign in to get help with your study questionsNew here? Join for free to post

How to write a good German Essay?

Announcements Posted on
Would YOU be put off a uni with a high crime rate? First 50 to have their say get a £5 Amazon voucher! 27-10-2016

For AS-Level

Hi, this question is probably too broad to answer completely at the moment! Is there anything in particular you're having problems with?

I'm doing A2 so might be able to help a bit. I wrote general post about AS German (and a bit about the essays) a short while ago - see if it's of any use:

By the way, I'm doing AQA - which exam board are you on?

Maybe you can help guys ?

This is aimed at typical debate-y 2 part questions. On my last essay I achieved 34/35 (I dropped 1 on accuracy and nearly flipped a table) so this should be of use

- Have a strong introduction about what you're gonna be arguing and offer both perspectives in it.
    - Make sure you balance and consider counter-critcisms
    - Have a conclusion which sums up your overall position
    - Use specific/advanced vocab not basic stuff
    - Check a million billion times if your grammar is correct esp. verb-subject agreement
    - Use Konjuntkiv II und Passiv in order to gain 5/5 on grammar
    - Don't reiterate yourself.
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 13, 2016
TSR Support Team
I want...

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.