The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

yeh found it hard-- i think this year grade boundaries for a star gonna be like 45 out of 60
Reply 2
I liked it. The only question which I found challenging was how it affected the government. I wrote random things about decreased trade and employment in the area, meaning less money coming into to Vietnam. I also put another random statement like "Out-migration can cause the government to be in charge of the squatter settlements", and other statements. Probably get around 2/5 marks for that one xD
I thought it was fairly easy but most people said it was a little more difficult then usual so the grade boundaries will be slightly lower:smile:
Reply 4
I hope they will be. I worked out I need 66 and 2/3 % to get 70% overall, which is an A I think
Reply 5
Daniel77
I liked it. The only question which I found challenging was how it affected the government. I wrote random things about decreased trade and employment in the area, meaning less money coming into to Vietnam. I also put another random statement like "Out-migration can cause the government to be in charge of the squatter settlements", and other statements. Probably get around 2/5 marks for that one xD

ohhhhhhhhhh
i cant believe i never thought of that
i just wrote about how these areas have high crime rate people are poor and i just kept blabbering on1
Reply 6
i think i did well for the last section, i realy did enjot it , but i didnt fill in the matrix, do we get any marks for the matrix?
Reply 7
I thought it was ok, harder than some of the past papers but not too bad. I found the questions about how the squatter settlements affect the government and why they are unsustainable tricky. I just hope I've done well enough to get an A*!
i think the matrix was just to help you plan, so if you havent filled it in you wont directly lose any marks.:smile:

for the unsustainabillity of squatter settlements i basically said:

-take up lots of space since they are not planned properly which uses up land that could be put to better use
-mentioned about healthcare and quality of life since disease outbreaks are more likely to happen
cant remember what else i put :s-smilie:

what did everyone else say for that question?:smile:
Reply 9
Gingerbread Man
i think the matrix was just to help you plan, so if you havent filled it in you wont directly lose any marks.:smile:

for the unsustainabillity of squatter settlements i basically said:

-take up lots of space since they are not planned properly which uses up land that could be put to better use
-mentioned about healthcare and quality of life since disease outbreaks are more likely to happen
cant remember what else i put :s-smilie:

what did everyone else say for that question?:smile:

i basically said the same thing, also there built on land which can flood (refrence to picture) and can have land slides
what did u but for that question about what happens when young people move out of an area? i wrote something about old people being left behind don't get as much help or somethin:s-smilie:
Okay im slightly concerned at my poor time mismanagement in the exam. Bascially i had to write the report in section C in 6 minutes...i wrote two pages but it was only concerning the advantages and disadvatneages of spening in rural areas...

I started comparing the industrial areas when time ran out...how many marks can i expect to gain on it? I filled all the data provided from the resource sheets onto the matrix. Im hoping i can still gain 6-10 marks but im not too sure.

The rest of the paper went okay(ish)...thx
Reply 11
Livinglegend
Okay im slightly concerned at my poor time mismanagement in the exam. Bascially i had to write the report in section C in 6 minutes...i wrote two pages but it was only concerning the advantages and disadvatneages of spening in rural areas...

I started comparing the industrial areas when time ran out...how many marks can i expect to gain on it? I filled all the data provided from the resource sheets onto the matrix. Im hoping i can still gain 6-10 marks but im not too sure.

The rest of the paper went okay(ish)...thx

you'l get 7-10 marks depending on how good it was
i spent 20 minutes on that section i wrote 2 1/2 pages
kicking myslef thou on section b
i can think of so many things to write now which i didn't include, saying
i think grade boundary will be around 42/60 for A*
what do you think?
Reply 12
style
you'l get 7-10 marks depending on how good it was
i spent 20 minutes on that section i wrote 2 1/2 pages
kicking myslef thou on section b
i can think of so many things to write now which i didn't include, saying
i think grade boundary will be around 42/60 for A*
what do you think?

I'd say 50/60 for A*
Reply 13
why? the last problem solving paper on people and place was 37/60 for A*
Reply 14
style

That's ridiculous xD Any links to that paper?
Reply 15
yep
http://www.ngfl-cymru.org.uk/1987-4j03s36311.qxd.pdf
thats the paper.
http://www.ngfl-cymru.org.uk/1987-3-4rbj03s36342.qxd.pdf
and thats the resourcses
its the 2003 paper and i think its the last problem solving for people and place, although i hanvt seen 2005.
Reply 16
LOL, if I only I was born earlier 0:-) Thanks ^^
Reply 17
:biggrin: its cool
Reply 18
style

I presume that means only 30/60 for an A? :eek: 50%? Perhaps I shouldnt be worrying too much. :biggrin:
Reply 19
itwas something like 33/60 for an A on that paper, so yep around 50%, its because so many people found the paper hard so pray that happenes this yr aswell, mind you this is only for the problem solving i dont know about paper1

Latest