The Student Room Group

CIE Business may 2016 exams

Anybody here doing the business exams this month? Like tomorrow's Paper1??

Scroll to see replies

Yes I have my exams too. Tomorrow is the first paper. Though my preparations sucks. Btw how do we answer a 20 marks question?
Reply 2
Original post by alevelstudentt:)
Yes I have my exams too. Tomorrow is the first paper. Though my preparations sucks. Btw how do we answer a 20 marks question?

You basically break it down into section. top tips: use examples, really really clear explanation and elaboration. Because it is a discussion questions, you have to talk abt both side: the benefits and the downsides.

Say 5 ideas on the benefits + explanation of each. For each point made you will have at least 2 marks. So that for 5 ideas on the benefits, you already have 10 marks.

and then do the same for the downsides. That's what I do. But it also depends on your ability to explain and write well actually. Myself am struggling with that tbh T^T
Reply 3
Anyone has any ideas on the likelihood of what topics the questions would be on?
Reply 4

It depends..sometimes they ask questions that require you to write both sides of a topic. example you may have to say something is a good decision and why and then also explain why that the decision may not be that good.

Other 20m qns may need you to list out and describe afctors that will influence a certain decion like moving to a new country or something.
Original post by cardei
Anyone has any ideas on the likelihood of what topics the questions would be on?

Exactly thats what I am worried about too. Whats your subject code? I will go through the past papers and predict something
Reply 6
Original post by cardei

In the 'Essay' part, it is common to find questions from Marketing - markeitng mix, market research, product life cycle.. and HR- leadership, theories, recruitment methods... Also Finance - Sources of finance, Cashflow forecast uses and importance etc
Reply 7
Original post by Coolmeechy
In the 'Essay' part, it is common to find questions from Marketing - markeitng mix, market research, product life cycle.. and HR- leadership, theories, recruitment methods... Also Finance - Sources of finance, Cashflow forecast uses and importance etc

I actually doubt the chances that it would be on product life cycle and marketing mix. But finance is likely to be ratio analysis. And you're right about the HR leadership and theories,... T^T I am literally stuDYING
Reply 8
Exactly thats what I am worried about too. Whats your subject code? I will go through the past papers and predict something

they changed the syllabus this year, so now it's 9609, it used to be 9709 tho. I had the specimen paper for 2016 but i dont think that really help.
Original post by cardei
they changed the syllabus this year, so now it's 9609, it used to be 9709 tho. I had the specimen paper for 2016 but i dont think that really help.

I am appearing for the same. 9609. Mine are i guess paper 12 and paper 22. What you think the threshold would be lower due to change in syllabus?
Reply 10
I am appearing for the same. 9609. Mine are i guess paper 12 and paper 22. What you think the threshold would be lower due to change in syllabus?

omg same, 12 and 22 :biggrin:
Original post by cardei
omg same, 12 and 22 :biggrin:

Thats awesome. I am too nervous. Lets see how it goes. How many hours to go for your paper? I have 16 hours to go
Reply 12
Thats awesome. I am too nervous. Lets see how it goes. How many hours to go for your paper? I have 16 hours to go

14 hours T^T it's freaking 12am in the morning here, but yeah i dont plan to sleep anyways =)))
Reply 13

Original post by cardei
14 hours T^T it's freaking 12am in the morning here, but yeah i dont plan to sleep anyways =)))

So how was it? How did u guys find it?
Reply 14
Original post by Coolmeechy
So how was it? How did u guys find it?

Did amyone sit for 12?
Reply 15
Original post by Mursa
Did amyone sit for 12?

I did..
I pretty did bad at it
Reply 17
I wrote it and it was simple, absolutely nothing to stress about guys :smile:. Just make sure you state advantages and disadvantages of whatever question you choose to answer for the 12 or 20 mark question.

goodluck
Reply 18
I pretty did bad at it

Oh I am sorry... But odnt worry1 Just focus on the other exams. Dont be let down by one paper.
Paper 2 tomorrow. Any tips?

Quick Reply

Latest