The Student Room Group

Official AQA A2 Law June 2016 Thread

Scroll to see replies

AQA have a model answer for a Law and Morality essay but theres a bit missing at the end so idk
Reply 361
I've done fault, bci, and judicial creativity essays. I know it's been mentioned on the first page but which one of these three is nearly certain to come up?
Original post by JPFM
I've done fault, bci, and judicial creativity essays. I know it's been mentioned on the first page but which one of these three is nearly certain to come up?

Out of them 3 id say BCI
Reply 363
Anybody know how many marks you'll lose for an incorrect conclusion on Calvins liability to Adam? Now I've sat and thought about it he didn't meet the immediate fear requirement so never actually formed the AR of the offence.. Therefore wouldn't be liable!

Looking at previous markschemes this seems to only reduce it from sound to weak sound?
I thought Q1 was asking for quite honestly. My friends were a bit upset after the exam, and one made the fatal mistake of using automatism in replace of diminished responsibility. She is completely freaking out! For the gang, I put that it did break the chain of causation. Although the factual causation between Adam and Calvin is present, the gang kicking him in the head was the substantial cause for his loss of movement, and is therefore an intervening act.
Original post by emmapotter392
Thank you :biggrin: and fair enough XD would you be able to help me with Unit 4. I dont quite understand how to structure an answer on burgularly when it involves criminal damager and theft, by that i mean should i talk about those two first and then bring the charge from theft and CD up to burgularly?

Whenever there is theft, always make sure to bring that up first. Then you would talk about the burglary in relation to the theft (s 91 b), and then go on to describe the criminal damage
Do insanity, consent and automatism come up as defences on unit 4? The textbook says they don't but my teacher has included them into our revision guides
Original post by awesomewarsome
Do insanity, consent and automatism come up as defences on unit 4? The textbook says they don't but my teacher has included them into our revision guides

I am pretty sure all 5 from Unit 3 can come up. My teacher taught us to learn maybe 2/3 cases for each, and a brief description so if they do, you have the info ready
help! can someone send me model answer for tort unit 4, it would be much appreciated:h:
Reply 369
How many concept essays are people learning and which ones?
Reply 370
Original post by JPFM
How many concept essays are people learning and which ones?

2 essays
Reply 371
Original post by NHM
2 essays

Which ones are you learning?
Reply 372
Original post by JPFM
Which ones are you learning?

Morality and BCI.. Morality is practically guaranteed to appear!
Reply 373
the three concepts I have learnt are balancing conflicting interests, fault and justice. do you think I will be ok just focusing on balancing conflicting interests?????
Reply 374
Original post by NHM
Morality and BCI.. Morality is practically guaranteed to appear!

My school didn't do morality:frown: the other two I have are judicial creativity and fault, I'm not sure which out of those is most likely to come up really
Original post by Hannah_Catherine
Whenever there is theft, always make sure to bring that up first. Then you would talk about the burglary in relation to the theft (s 91 b), and then go on to describe the criminal damage

thank you! How did you find the unit 3 exam?
Reply 376
Original post by JPFM
My school didn't do morality:frown: the other two I have are judicial creativity and fault, I'm not sure which out of those is most likely to come up really

I mean because they came up last year I doubt they will this- justice has an habit of repeating
Hi, in the Fraud Act 2006, is s2 (2) (b) part of the mens rea?
Reply 378
Original post by tony102
the three concepts I have learnt are balancing conflicting interests, fault and justice. do you think I will be ok just focusing on balancing conflicting interests?????

Yeah I'd say so :-) don't kill me if it doesn't though :frown:
Reply 379
what is the likelihood of duress of circumstances coming up? I've never seen it in a scenario before
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest