Hey! Sign in to get help with your study questionsNew here? Join for free to post

I'm scared about the IB

Announcements Posted on
Last day to win £100 of Amazon vouchers - don't miss out! Take our quick survey to enter 24-10-2016

Hi! I'm just about to start my GCSE exams, and am feeling about as okay about them as i think it is possible to feel! Next year, I've chosen to study the IB, and i'm REALLY scared. I'm not too worried about not getting the grades, although that is niggling at the back of my mind. But, anyway, I was just wondering what the IB is like?? I do think it sounds amazing, and i'm looking forward to it, but I'm TERRIFIED. Any tips or advice? Thanks x

Don't slack, familiarize yourself with the theory and the exam technique early on as this is key in doing well in exams. Also no homework doesn't mean no work, consolidate what you have learnt in class (this will ease revision a lot, trust me), do not underestimate any subject, exam or IA as the IB can be a little unpredictable.

Exams may seem had but once you learn to decipher what the question is asking (especially in maths or sciences) and know your theory you should be able to answer the question easily. ToK and EE can be an easy 2/3 points if done right,

The IB is very hard, but if you have the right attitude and work ethic (do as I said earlier in the post) then there shouldn't be anything to worry about
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 13, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Would you rather find
Applying to university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.