The Student Room Group

How to be ready for exams?

I'm not talking about revision, I'm just talking about what time I should go to sleep, what I should eat before, etc..

In my IGCSE English exam I could hardly focus which scared me because I don't want to be like that in my other exams.
Reply 1
bananas before exam
sleep at 9pm
drink a lot of water
listen to chillaxing music
There is no possible way. I am so sorry
Aim to get 8-9 hours of sleep every night, obviously base what time you go to bed around that, and when you need to be awake.

Some good so-called "brain foods" include stuff like bananas, avocados, blueberries, nuts, any green veg, beetroot, dark chocolate.

Drink plenty of water.

Fit in non-revision time.. Exercise is usually best.
Energy drink , ENERGY DRINK!!!!

Keep your electrolytes connected.
[QUOTE=2016_GCSE;64730747]Energy drink , ENERGY DRINK!!!!

Keep your electrolytes connected.

wait !!!! i think energy drinks are not good fr ur health and they only give u energy temporarily so i recommend that just get good night sleep
Reply 6
I usually have bananas and weetabix, lol
I did this for my GCSE exams: Went to bed around 10 without watching tv or going on your phone. Woke up at around 5 to do some mindmap recap using a whiteboard or some paper, this does not have to look neat it does not even matter if you cant read it, just say it out loud quietly. Had breakfast at around 7, weetabix or some oats are the best you could go for. I usually eat weetabix with bananas, blueberries and some honey. Instead about thinking of your grades and results just think about the content instead some mental revision in your head, while in the car or in the bus stop will take your mind of it. Try to stay away from people who are holding a textbook around trying to frantically revise, they will usually stress you out by asking random questions. Go to the bathroom if you have not already. Don't keep looking at what the invigilators are doing that is where I made a mistake.
Reply 8
Thanks for the tips, I'll test this by getting up at 5 tomorrow and doing some revision. I'll probably have panda eyebags but hopefully it should be worth it! I'll post on this thread tomorrow to tell you how it works out if you want.

Quick Reply

Latest