The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by physicsmaths
Cambridge University scraps tradition of publicly posting exam results

http://dailym.ai/25clIF8

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think that means the University Council is recommending the change, but it still needs to be voted on.

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/Cambridge-University-agrees-abolish-centuries-old/story-29292126-detail/story.html

http://www.varsity.co.uk/news/10296
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by jneill
I think that means the University Council is recommending the change, but it still needs to be voted on.

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/Cambridge-University-agrees-abolish-centuries-old/story-29292126-detail/story.html

Might mean we won't know who the Senior Wrangler is each year...
Reply 82
Might mean we won't know who the Senior Wrangler is each year...

Perhaps, but the Maths Dept may choose to keep it's own traditions - it's a seperate issue to putting them up at Senate House.
Original post by jneill
Perhaps, but the Maths Dept may choose to keep it's own traditions - it's a seperate issue to putting them up at Senate House.

the maths results are read out then when the senior wranglers result is read out the man puts his hat up. do other subjects have results read out? I am not really familiar with what actually happens.
Reply 84
the maths results are read out then when the senior wranglers result is read out the man puts his hat up. do other subjects have results read out? I am not really familiar with what actually happens.

No afaik it's only maths that does that.

The campaign is about stopping the publishing of results on the notice boards at Senate House.
Original post by jneill
X

Not that I am not going to meet my offer (and it is actually going pretty good so far) but just in case if results day does not go as planned, would they take account of the fact that I am taking 25 exams this May/June or would they not care the slightest? Again, I know this is no excuse and I know that Tripos exams would be even more difficult with even more stress, but I am curious whether they would be more lenient in that regard.

Also, if I get rejected this year and apply again, would I get automatically rejected without an interview for having bad GCSEs or not 90%+ UMS on Chemistry/Physics due to too many exams?

I might be exaggerating about bad GCSEs since I already have 4A*s banked but it is very possible that my other GCSEs are not even close to A/A*. Also, I will probably have very good UMS for Further Maths, and although I will try my best with Chemistry and Physics, they might still have a hit on my UMS averages.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You will get familiar with it when you become Senior Wrangler in due time. Now chill.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Insight314
Not that I am not going to meet my offer (and it is actually going pretty good so far) but just in case if results day does not go as planned, would they take account of the fact that I am taking 25 exams this May/June or would they not care the slightest? Again, I know this is no excuse and I know that Tripos exams would be even more difficult with even more stress, but I am curious whether they would be more lenient in that regard.

Also, if I get rejected this year and apply again, would I get automatically rejected without an interview for having bad GCSEs or not 90%+ UMS on Chemistry/Physics due to too many exams?

I might be exaggerating about bad GCSEs since I already have 4A*s banked but it is very possible that my other GCSEs are not even close to A/A*. Also, I will probably have very good UMS for Further Maths, and although I will try my best with Chemistry and Physics, they might still have a hit on my UMS averages.

Posted from TSR Mobile

they are only gna care about Maths and Physics(less). If you get 4A*s they won't give a **** about gcse's lol.
You will get familiar with it when you become Senior Wrangler in due time. Now chill.

Posted from TSR Mobile

loll i hope your joking. have you heard about the people coming into our year?
There will (probably) be two perfect scorers from the IMO in our year. then the other 200 mathmos at trinity will make sure no one at any other college will get a first. yes i know there aint 200 trinmos per year but oh well revising s3 so i need to normal distribute the trinmos with central limit theorem
Reply 89

Posted from TSR Mobile

They won't give much flexibilty due to you sitting lots of exams...
But, they also don't care much about GCSEs at all. Focus on your A-levels!

And good luck!!!!!
loll i hope your joking. have you heard about the people coming into our year?
There will (probably) be two perfect scorers from the IMO in our year. then the other 200 mathmos at trinity will make sure no one at any other college will get a first. yes i know there aint 200 trinmos per year but oh well revising s3 so i need to normal distribute the trinmos with central limit theorem

Aim high! :biggrin:

Spoiler

Original post by jneill
They won't give much flexibilty due to you sitting lots of exams...
But, they also don't care much about GCSEs at all. Focus on your A-levels!

And good luck!!!!!

All right. Thank you! :smile:
Aim high! :biggrin:

Spoiler

you should say, Not every IMOer will, but IMO perfect scorers will, they are way ahead of everyone plus the one im talking about has had 2 years to do university maths and will be coming in when he is 20/21 due to national service. Lim Jeck btw.
The hard work starts here - FP1 tomorrow which should be straightforward (*touch wood*) - good luck to anyone else with exams soon, you can ace them! :smile:
Original post by PhysicsIP2016
The hard work starts here - FP1 tomorrow

I know that is not what you meant, but I laughed out loud when I read that. :rofl:
I know that is not what you meant, but I laughed out loud when I read that. :rofl:

Ha, yeah that's definitely not what I meant :P

If I were to find fp1 hard I would have to reconsider my whole life plan
If I were to find fp1 hard I would have to reconsider my whole life plan

I find S3 hard, what should i do?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I find S3 hard, what should i do?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I haven't encountered S3 but you're a brilliant mathematician, so you'll ace it!
(I'm sorry I don't mean for the other post to sound patronising if it came across that way :frown:)
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 99
I haven't encountered S3 but you're a brilliant mathematician, so you'll ace it!
(I'm sorry I don't mean for the other post to sound patronising if it came across that way :frown:)

I think he's being sarcastic. :tongue:

Latest