The Student Room Group

Distance learning A-Levels?

I am 21 and I have just decided what career path I want to take.
I don't have any qualifications at the moment however I intend to
get A-levels and GCSEs as I want to go to university.

I was wondering if anyone could tell me if doing A-levels through distance learning with icslearn (AQA)
which is regulated by the Government of the United Kingdom. If this would affect the process of getting into university?
Or does it matter where you do it as long as the grades are met and credited by
the Government.
I don't know if anyone in this sub-forum would know. Try in one of the university sections.
Original post by Joshuaj1995
I am 21 and I have just decided what career path I want to take.
I don't have any qualifications at the moment however I intend to
get A-levels and GCSEs as I want to go to university.

I was wondering if anyone could tell me if doing A-levels through distance learning with icslearn (AQA)
which is regulated by the Government of the United Kingdom. If this would affect the process of getting into university?
Or does it matter where you do it as long as the grades are met and credited by
the Government.

A levels are awarded by a number of awarding bodies in the Uk. AQA, Edexcel (Pearson), OCR, CCEA (mostly N. Ireland) WJEC (mostly in Wales). Internationally they are awarded by CIE and Edexcel (Pearson).

It does not matter how you learn the content of the Alevel. You could attend college; buy a package from icslearn or someone else, teach yourself from text books, get a tutor or any combination of methods.

The only thing universities will care about will be your results.

As you don't have any qualifications at the moment you should certainly try to get maths and English GCSE. You can usually attend part time one year courses for free.

You should investigate whether an access to further education course would be a faster way to embark on your career path.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest