The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

Mental Health Nursing

Hey! Anyone else here waiting to hear back about their MH nursing interview?

I'm SO nervous, I went to the May 10th selection day and it was really laid back and the staff were really lovely, but my anxiety kind of made me a bit awkward and I didn't feel particularly confident. I kind of babbled a bit and found it hard to stay focused because my nerves were literally making my head aaaaall over the place haha. Ooooops. I felt like it went quite well at the time, but then as time has passed, all I can think about now is all the little mistakes and the anxiety.

How long did it take you to hear back? A current student said she heard back within a couple of days but they say ten days average so I'm not expecting to hear for a while, but I did my undergrad degree at Soton already (I'm applying for the PGDip) and it's the only real course within the area I can travel to as I don't drive, so I'm kind of hanging all my hopes on this ONE interview aghh.

I was actually surprised I found some of the maths harder than I thought, I mean I could do it all, I just found it hard to do it within the time. I didn't really practice beforehand because I heard it would just be basic but it has been a while since I did mental arithmetic (I sound super old, I'm actually 23!) so I was super slow at working out the answers!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending