The Student Room Group

18 hours revision in 4 days!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by _Xenon_
8 hours of past papers non stop

I don't understand people who say they revise using past papers - past papers are for after you've revised. How can you even answer one question if you haven't revised the topic first?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 21
Original post by KatieBlogger
I don't understand people who say they revise using past papers - past papers are for after you've revised. How can you even answer one question if you haven't revised the topic first?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No you revise the answers and learn it. If you can't understand the concept you get put your revision guide.
Original post by _Xenon_
No you revise the answers and learn it. If you can't understand the concept you get put your revision guide.

Oh you mean you find past papers with answers and revise that way? Might work well in school but that doesn't happen at all at uni.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by KatieBlogger

Posted from TSR Mobile

To revise:
British. to review (previously studied materials) in preparation for an examination.

Therefore, you technically do not revise using past papers unless you already done the paper.
Reply 24
What exam board are you doing?
Reply 25
Original post by abilove
what exam board are you doing?

aqa/edexcel/ocr
Original post by _Xenon_
OK I've planned 18 hours over 4 days,

5 HOURS Biology (1 hour 15 mins per day) - Exam in 5 days!!
5 HOURS Chemistry (1 hour 15 mins per day) - Exam in 7 days!!
Maths (2 hours per day) - Exam in 14 days!!

Do I need to work for more hours to get those grade As I really want or does that sound good?

Or 8 hours per day?

Everyone needs different levels of revision to get to the same level of being prepared. You'll know yourself as you study whether you need to add more time or not - don't stress about amount of revision yet, just make a start and work from there based on what you do and don't know :smile:
Tbh I've done 18 hours in one or two days before haha!
Reply 28
Original post by imonlylittle
Everyone needs different levels of revision to get to the same level of being prepared. You'll know yourself as you study whether you need to add more time or not - don't stress about amount of revision yet, just make a start and work from there based on what you do and don't know :smile:

Wow I'm going to try that today or tomorrow
Reply 29
In parts of asia like Korea China or India 16 hours a day is normal

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TheRealLifeBane
To revise:
British. to review (previously studied materials) in preparation for an examination.

Therefore, you technically do not revise using past papers unless you already done the paper.

Exactly.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest