The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
god, i also got 0 on the comprehension (maybe 3) - loads of people just walked out of that exam. i thought section A on the C4 paper was amazing, but section B, question 8, i probably lost most of the marks. I think that this exam will ruin my grades and i need a B in maths. It could still happen if it gets scaled up (which it probably will) - so i'm praying!
Reply 61
The Philosopher
Well basically,0.3660 was cos(theta), since theta had to be between 0 and 2pi.
Then you substitute back into the equation in part (iii) - to find y^2 + x^2, then square root that to find the distance (which was 12.7 or somethin!)

X was 0 so couldn't you just sub it into the first equation. I did that and 12.7 definitely rings a bell.
Reply 62
Deedle
I am *so* glad I'm not the only one to have done that!!

I managed to get the other parametrics ok, vaguely ok if I remember...

Dee xxx

Keeping it simple ftw :P
did anybody else find core 4 amazing? the comprehension was horrible tho :frown:
Reply 64
What did everyone got for Q8..the one with 2marks?
kriscs1
X was 0 so couldn't you just sub it into the first equation. I did that and 12.7 definitely rings a bell.

Yes...you could do, but the question did actually ask you to use your answer from part (iii), so that was the equation you were meant to sub into.
Reply 66
What did everyone get when it asks you abut the coordinate of the point B(i think)..

I got (5/2, 15(3)^1/2/2) :biggrin:
Reply 67
I thought the whole paper was pretty awful. Section B especially was a lot harder than any of the past papers we looked at :| I screwed up. Oh well, I only did half an hour revision...and I only need a C :biggrin:
Reply 68
my coordinate for B kept changing everytime i calculated it! :s-smilie:...i definately got 2.5, but my y coordinate i got 3 root 3....but then when id work it out again id get 12.99 or sumthing...i think i had a dodgy calculator :frown:
What did people get for Q.7 the very last part where it said somethign about the max and min. values the model would predict? I started to do it and then realised I was trying to do ln(o) which just didnt work obvioulsy lol. So I moved on to the mean q.8
June 06 you needed 57/90 for 80% (an A), hopefully its lower than that this year, although I doubt it.
Reply 71
jellytotz
my coordinate for B kept changing everytime i calculated it! :s-smilie:...i definitely got 2.5, but my y coordinate i got 3 root 3....but then when id work it out again id get 12.99 or sumthing...i think i had a dodgy calculator :frown:

my guess is that you were changing from radians to degrees (the mode)

same thing happened to me during the exam, but sorted it out in the end:p:
Reply 72
I thought Section A was ok, not easy but not hard either. The comp was just WTF! didn't have a clue what to do. And Section B went ok, the last parts for both questions were hard.
Reply 73
Unparseable latex formula:

[br][br]\begin {math}[br][br]x^2 + y^2 = 125 + 100\cos(x)[br][br]2 \cos^2(x) +2cos(x) - 1 = 0[br][br]Quadratic Formula \ \Rightarrow \ \cos(x) = -0.5 + \sqrt{0.75}[br][br]x^2 + y^2 = 125 + 100 \cos(x) [br][br]x \to 0 \ \Rightarrow y^2 = 161.6....[br][br]y = 12.71[br][br]\end {math}[br]

no.thirteen
What did people get for Q.7 the very last part where it said somethign about the max and min. values the model would predict? I started to do it and then realised I was trying to do ln(o) which just didnt work obvioulsy lol. So I moved on to the mean q.8

is this the question im thinking about? the one where it was e^-sint On the bottom of the fraction? I got 2 pretty small values. I just used t = 0 and t = 90 to get the biggest and smallest values of sint
Reply 75
What did you all get for trapezium Q?

i)1.11?
ii)Show
iii)4.sumthin?
Reply 76
OH maaaan!..thats what i did!^^..except i put it in my calculator as a whole..and so i came out with a different answer! grr:angry:

and alpesh24 yeah i did check my mode..but there was nothing wrong with it..so i guess its all down to my crappy calculator! ahh well back to revision i go for next week..have 4 exams :frown:
Reply 77
I got (5/2, 15(3)^1/2/2)

Sounds familiar to me!

What did you all get for trapezium Q?

i)1.11?
ii)Show
iii)4.sumthin?

I got 1.11 twice...

Dee xxx
Reply 78
Deedle
Sounds familiar to me!

I got 1.11 twice...

Dee xxx

Noooooooooo:mad: 3 marks off.
I got slightly different values for the trapezium rule and the integration of the binomial bits

Latest