Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post


Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016
    • Thread Starter

    HEY guys, I have applied to 2 BTEC extended diploma courses. the first being applied science and the second being applied MEDICAL science. I want to apply to radiography at university but i don't know which of the courses to take.
    Applied science will contain more physics which is needed for radiography whereas applied medical science will provide me with the practical skills. The reason I'm so confused is because I was set on Applied medical science until a radiography lecturer emailed me saying that he would personally prefer applied science which means that it must have its positives over medical science.
    I have friends who have gone into radiography with no physics whatsoever but I am asking in regards to which would benefit me more at uni, having the physics or having the practical medical experience?
    What are you personal experiences? What do you think i should do?
    Would really appreciate your help, thank you

    Email unis you're interested in going to to study radiography and ask what their preferences are. If they don't have any prefs then go with the course that interests you more.
Write a reply…


Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 19, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Do you like sleeping in a cold room?
Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Life Sciences Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.