The Student Room Group

Withdrawing from exam a for refund: endometriosis

Hello, can you withdraw from an exam for endometriosis and still recieve a refund? Is that a valid enough illness?
Original post by ASEZ
Hello, can you withdraw from an exam for endometriosis and still recieve a refund? Is that a valid enough illness?

Is it a retake of an AS exam? Depends on if you are in excruciating pain.
My understanding was they gave refunds based on how close you were to the exam and that you have most likely missed the deadline. That would mean no refund.

The sensible way is to check with the relevant exam board or to read the information on their website. Different boards will have different procedures. You might want to ask if they dont do refunds, whether they will consider a credit. Ring them.
Reply 3
Original post by Rhythmical
Is it a retake of an AS exam? Depends on if you are in excruciating pain.

Hi, it's retake of 2 AS and my A2s. I was ill last year but only got diagnosed in August. I'm in a lot of pain
Reply 4
Original post by 999tigger
My understanding was they gave refunds based on how close you were to the exam and that you have most likely missed the deadline. That would mean no refund.

The sensible way is to check with the relevant exam board or to read the information on their website. Different boards will have different procedures. You might want to ask if they dont do refunds, whether they will consider a credit. Ring them.

Hiya, AQA said I have to get my school to contact them and then I presume they will see if it's a serious enough illness.
Original post by ASEZ
Hi, it's retake of 2 AS and my A2s. I was ill last year but only got diagnosed in August. I'm in a lot of pain

It would probably be too late now as the paperwork has been submitted and exam season has begun. When do your exams begin? I would give them a reason and explain the situation - the best they could do is let you retake the exam at a later date.
Original post by ASEZ
Hiya, AQA said I have to get my school to contact them and then I presume they will see if it's a serious enough illness.

Ok ive checked for you now. They do, do refunds, but its dsicretionary and it will be dependant on you providing a Drs note or medical evidence.

http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/admin/library/AQA-ENTRY-FEES-2015-2016.PDF

Its on p4
Reply 7
Thank you! Just checked it out, will be providing a doctors note :smile:
Original post by ASEZ
Thank you :smile: I'm not bothered about missing AS as they're round the corner but I have around a month for A2.

Mind me asking what exams they are?

Quick Reply

Latest