The Student Room Group

Accepting a uni offer but then taking a gap year

Hi guys, so I'm wondering whether I should take a gap year or accept an offer from my uni. I'm thinking of accepting the offer to give me more time but if I firm a uni do I have to go there or will I still be able to take a gap year if I decide that's what I want.

Thanks.
Original post by TheMeerkat
Hi guys, so I'm wondering whether I should take a gap year or accept an offer from my uni. I'm thinking of accepting the offer to give me more time but if I firm a uni do I have to go there or will I still be able to take a gap year if I decide that's what I want.

Thanks.

You can defer later on but try and do it before results day.
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
You can defer later on but try and do it before results day.

The reason I want to take a gap year is to do a different degree that requires me to complete a maths A level. So is it still possible without deferring entry?
Original post by TheMeerkat
The reason I want to take a gap year is to do a different degree that requires me to complete a maths A level. So is it still possible without deferring entry?

yes, you could just withdraw later on.
Reply 4
Original post by claireestelle
yes, you could just withdraw later on.

Good to know. Thanks for the help :smile:
I'm planning on applying to a uni, deferring the entry and then taking an apprenticeship first to get some industrial experience. I plan on studying computer science with business and already have done work experience at an Accountancy firm.
Thoughts?
Reply 6
Original post by KappaRoss
I'm planning on applying to a uni, deferring the entry and then taking an apprenticeship first to get some industrial experience. I plan on studying computer science with business and already have done work experience at an Accountancy firm.
Thoughts?

That actually sounds amazing. But make sure you get that apprenticeship secured before deferring entry.

Quick Reply

Latest