The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

I don't know what will happen to me

I'm a first year physics student at Imperial. I took Electronics in term 2, and I did an assessed problem sheet in mid-March, which, along with my lab report, are the two things which contribute to the Electronics grade.
I could have sworn that I handed the problem sheet in on time. I definitely did it three days before the deadline. But just now I found the problem sheet stashed amongst my notes on my desk.
I've got a sick feeling in the stomach right now. I haven't yet received a mark for my lab report, but no doubt that the report alone won't be good enough to get a good grade. And it says on the college website that Electronics cannot be resit. If I fail, which now looks possible, I could be withdrawn from the college.
Surely there must be something I can do about this?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Student rep go and talk to them and then contact your tutor.
Surprised they dont have a system whhere you get a receipt or you took a photo of you handing it in.. How can you not remember physically handing it in? Perhaps its a draft?
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Original post by 999tigger
Student rep go and talk to them and then contact your tutor.
Surprised they dont have a system whhere you get a receipt or you took a photo of you handing it in.. How can you not remember physically handing it in? Perhaps its a draft?

No, I guess maybe I handed the wrong thing in. You literally just put the piece of paper in a box, which they collect on the due date.
I'll go to my tutor, but I don't know if that'll do anything (my tutor's not brilliant).
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Nuclear Ghost
No, I guess maybe I handed the wrong thing in. You literally just put the piece of paper in a box, which they collect on the due date.
I'll go to my tutor, but I don't know if that'll do anything (my tutor's not brilliant).

You need to know the system. tbh if it was in March, then its odd nothing was said. Perhaps they would let you resit the module. If you submitted something else then at least they would know you handed something in. it just seems so careless.

Do talk to your student rep or someone in the SU. Without knowing the rules I couldnt say, bit its always worth trying. I would if it were me.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending