The Student Room Group
Main building
University of Bradford
Bradford

Is Bradford a good university for Chemistry BSc?

I'm not exactly a high achiever, and I don't care about league tables or any of that much anymore. I just want a decent education in the subject I choose to study (Chemistry), and receiving a degree. With my aims in mind, is Bradford ideal for me? If not, can somebody suggest any decent (fairly easy to get into) universities I can apply to to do Chemistry?
I'm a mature student btw if it makes much of a difference.
Original post by ramonapurple
I'm not exactly a high achiever, and I don't care about league tables or any of that much anymore. I just want a decent education in the subject I choose to study (Chemistry), and receiving a degree. With my aims in mind, is Bradford ideal for me? If not, can somebody suggest any decent (fairly easy to get into) universities I can apply to to do Chemistry?

Hi,

University of Bradford is a *great* place to study Chemistry. You will have access to multi-million pound facilities, about which you can find more information here:

Centre for Chemical and Structural Analysis

You may also find the Uni-stats information for this course of interest:

Uni-stats

There are some very positive results in there relating to things like student satisfaction (94%) and employment outcomes.

Bradford has a very diverse student body and over 40% of our students are adult learners and you would be made very welcome here.

I hope this information helps. If you have any further questions let me know.

PAUL
Main building
University of Bradford
Bradford
Original post by University of Bradford
Hi,

University of Bradford is a *great* place to study Chemistry. You will have access to multi-million pound facilities, about which you can find more information here:

Centre for Chemical and Structural Analysis

You may also find the Uni-stats information for this course of interest:

Uni-stats

There are some very positive results in there relating to things like student satisfaction (94%) and employment outcomes.

Bradford has a very diverse student body and over 40% of our students are adult learners and you would be made very welcome here.

I hope this information helps. If you have any further questions let me know.

PAUL

Thank you, very useful.
Original post by ramonapurple

Daughter went to Bradford [not Chemistry], hence dropping in on the forum, and you could do a lot worse.Compared to their tariff, as a university, both their "value added" and employability figures are good. As you're no doubt aware CUG, for example, has them 2nd for satisfaction and 15th for employability but 53rd for tariff for Chemistry - what's not to like?They recently headhunted Brain Cantor from York, which was a bit of a coup, and he's concentrating minds from what you can gather, particularly on improving student satisfaction. There's big money being spent on facilities. This means that Bradford is no longer as dirt cheap as it was, but your money still goes a long way relative to other places, particularly down South.
(edited 7 years ago)
Hi

Chemistry at Bradford is going from strength to strength reflected by our position in the league tables - we're in the Top 20 in the latest Guardian League tables and we're ranked 2nd in the UK for student satisfaction in the Complete University Guide 2017.

Rankings aside we've recently appointed new staff so we can broaden our chemistry offer to students including a new route in Materials Chemistry. So now if you choose our BSc in Chemistry you can exit after 3 years with a BSc or carry on to one of our MChem routes in:

Analytical Chemistry
Medicinal Chemistry
Materials Chemistry

Our MChem Chemistry - Industrial Experience is highly valued by employers and many of our graduates have secured jobs at the company where they did their placement. Elizabeth Guest is one of many examples.

And if you're still not convinced watch our latest video - Don't come to Bradford!

Hope this helps

AM

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending