The Student Room Group

How to write a conclusion for an essay?

Hey, so for my English extended essay, I need to write a conclusion which ties all six poem's together. The overarching theme is the intensity of emotion. I know how I would write a conclusion for one poem or so, but six :0 agh someone please tell me what to do? Eg. By telling what stages I should take and how a conclusion for this particular type of 'comparitive' essay should be structured? Thank you
Original post by hannahrobinsxn
Hey, so for my English extended essay, I need to write a conclusion which ties all six poem's together. The overarching theme is the intensity of emotion. I know how I would write a conclusion for one poem or so, but six :0 agh someone please tell me what to do? Eg. By telling what stages I should take and how a conclusion for this particular type of 'comparitive' essay should be structured? Thank you

A conclusion is to sum up what your main body of argument is.

Usually go for the conclusion sentence starts of "to conclude, all in all, whether it be, all together, from what has been discussed, we have seen from", etc.

Conclusions are the "least" bit importance as in; it doesn't have to be much more sophisticated than your intro or main body. it should remain simple and concise with nothing repeated. It really depends on the question to be honest; whether it was to argue, explore, evaluate a claim, in what/which way, etc.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending