The Student Room Group

work experience

Hi, I've previously done work experience in two vet surgeries, but the london rvc have changed the requirements so that you have to get work experience within the 18 months of applying, my sixth form have scrapped work experience, and as I'm 17 its hard to get work experience in such places, does anyone know what places where I could get some experience, thanks
It doesn't matter that your sixth form scrapped it; most sixth forms that I know of don't offer time of for work experience. You have long summers as well as half terms, Christmas and Easter breaks.

To find vet practices, look at the 'Find a Vet' service on the RCVS's website. There are plenty of practices that will take you under 18. I started at 15 and I certainly wasn't the youngest. Persistence is key.

I would suggest having a read of the Work Experience thread stickied at the top of the forum. You need to do placements in kennels, farms, stables etc as well as at a vet.
Original post by Little Tail Chaser
It doesn't matter that your sixth form scrapped it; most sixth forms that I know of don't offer time of for work experience. You have long summers as well as half terms, Christmas and Easter breaks.

To find vet practices, look at the 'Find a Vet' service on the RCVS's website. There are plenty of practices that will take you under 18. I started at 15 and I certainly wasn't the youngest. Persistence is key.

I would suggest having a read of the Work Experience thread stickied at the top of the forum. You need to do placements in kennels, farms, stables etc as well as at a vet.

hi, thanks for the help
I've already been volunteering on a farm so have gained experience there, I got a placement today for work experience over summer !!!
Reply 3
Well done on the summer placement.

If you've already been to two practices which take under 18's could you contact them about going back?
As they already know you they may be more willing to let you see practice :smile:
Original post by lwescott
Well done on the summer placement.

If you've already been to two practices which take under 18's could you contact them about going back?
As they already know you they may be more willing to let you see practice :smile:

oh yeah thats clever..loool
thanks for your help

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending