The Student Room Group

doing better next year in A2 (2017)

Say someone gets an 'okay' AS grade, and gets AAA in A2
Can you apply after A2 instead of in September after AS?.
Reply 1
apply for uni? I dont think so, not unless you are deferring the year so you wouldnt start uni until the year after applying.
You might find it more problematic as you would need a valid ucas institutional login for that year and then explain to them why you decided to wait to apply
Reply 2
Original post by runningcat
Say someone gets an 'okay' AS grade, and gets AAA in A2
Can you apply after A2 instead of in September after AS?.

You can apply for the next following year after results day for you. There is no rule saying you must apply during yr13. Many people take a year or more to do other things, and then apply to uni.

Original post by minimimi
You might find it more problematic as you would need a valid ucas institutional login for that year and then explain to them why you decided to wait to apply
You can apply without an institutional login and as an individual. Also, you don't particularly have to explain why you decided to wait to apply (a lot of people don't) a year afterwards.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 3
apply for uni? I dont think so, not unless you are deferring the year so you wouldnt start uni until the year after applying.

Original post by kkboyk

You can apply without an institutional login and as an individual. Also, you don't particularly have to explain why you decided to wait to apply (a lot of people don't) a year afterwards.

So I would still have to wait a year even if I tried to apply after A2?
Reply 4
Original post by kkboyk

Depends on the uni, if its a **** one then they wont care. If you're aspiring to higher ranked unis, russell groups etc they will usually ask why you chose to defer.
Reply 5
Original post by runningcat
So I would still have to wait a year even if I tried to apply after A2?

Applications closes at 15th Jan, and will open again after 6th September for the next following year. So yes, you will be essentially taking a year off.

Depends on the uni, if its a **** one then they wont care. If you're aspiring to higher ranked unis, russell groups etc they will usually ask why you chose to defer.
That is only if your course and chosen uni does interview. Other than that, most RG unis really don't care provided that you are capable of meeting the requirements.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest