The Student Room Group

Lying about grades?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rhythmical
Yes I am, but that school is doing amazingly well.

Schools like that produce proper roasters. People on my course from those places are always the ones that never shut up about essay scores and how much tutorial work they're gonna do after lectures. It's not healthy
take a lesson from me - tell them you got a U and effing own it! work that U like its the latest Christian dior shoes!
Original post by AnnaK28
Yeah, it's almost certain that there'd be at least one person there that is affected by bullying. I guess it's got both a positive and a negative side.

I heard the idea has not been favoured well, maybe because a lot of kids wish to keep their grades private.
Original post by Pennyarcade
Schools like that produce proper roasters. People on my course from those places are always the ones that never shut up about essay scores and how much tutorial work they're gonna do after lectures. It's not healthy

I agree, obviously it has its pros and cons but I would not personally like it.
I agree, obviously it has its pros and cons but I would not personally like it.

It's when they strut about in their special Brading for getting band ones like they run the show. Actual weirdos man.

Posted from TSR Mobile
When I was in primary school, and the early years of secondary if I recall, our results were always put on the board. I was pretty much always at the top so I liked it, but I can imagine it was less pleasant for those at the bottom of the class.

With regards to lying about grades, I don't see the point. I know several people who lie about grades on their CV and get away with it because nobody ever cares enough to check, but I wouldn't recommend that either!
It's when they strut about in their special Brading for getting band ones like they run the show. Actual weirdos man.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Its one of those ideas where it works for certain schools but not others. I would feel attacked, everyone would be staring at each other's badges.
Original post by M14B
A teacher should not publicly giving out grades

my teachers do that in class, they ask if they want their grades read out first though.
Reply 28
They'll find out one way or another and you'll look like even more of an idiot. No one cares anyway.

Have you ever thought about your mates grades? No. So why would they think about yours?

First of all, when did I say I wanted to lie about my grades? I doubt I'd be looking down on ones that do if I was one of them. It's great to know that you don't care anyway. Yep, I've thought about people's grades, not for any bad reason though. Think you're just talking on behalf of a small group of people.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 29
I heard the idea has not been favoured well, maybe because a lot of kids wish to keep their grades private.

Yeah, I'd say that'd be the majority of kids. They should get a say in whether or not their grades get displayed publicly, it is something personal after all and different people have different feelings about it.
This is internally at school?
School mocks tended to be handed out and everyone knew what you scored, including class position.
Uni grades for exams tend to be publicly available.
Course work, just tends to be handed out.

Cant see the point in lying and tbh people forget anyway.
Original post by AnnaK28
First of all, when did I say I wanted to lie about my grades? I doubt I'd be looking down on ones that do if I was one of them. It's great to know that you don't care anyway. Yep, I've thought about people's grades, not for any bad reason though. Think you're just talking on behalf of a small group of people.

I didn't read the OP. Why do you care about other people's grades lol?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 999tigger
This is internally at school?
School mocks tended to be handed out and everyone knew what you scored, including class position.
Uni grades for exams tend to be publicly available.
Course work, just tends to be handed out.

Cant see the point in lying and tbh people forget anyway.

Uni grades are not publicly available. You could easily lie about uni grades and no one would ever know.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 33
I didn't read the OP. Why do you care about other people's grades lol?

It's not exactly that I care so much, just saying I don't live in a box in my own little world not noticing anything about others.
Uni grades are not publicly available. You could easily lie about uni grades and no one would ever know.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh sorry you must be right. I thought exam results were always posted on departmental notice boards for everyone to see. I must have imagined them.

If you apply for a job and lied about your grades they could easily ask you to verify those grades. So yes they would know if they challenged you on it.
Original post by AnnaK28
It's not exactly that I care so much, just saying I don't live in a box in my own little world not noticing anything about others.

You made a thread about it. Do you not like people lying and making them self sound just as much of a wee genius as you clearly are?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 36
You made a thread about it. Do you not like people lying and making them self sound just as much of a wee genius as you clearly are?

You bet I don't mate, because I obviously own the world.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending