The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

What if my grades aren't upto the "Conditional Offer"?

I've accepted the University of Bristol as my first choice for MENG Electronics and Electrical Engineering. The offer was that i need an AAA (Including Math and Physics). But I'm quite certain that I would only get an ABB maximum. Would they still accept me?
It all depends how close everybody else is to the requirements :frown: Good luck though!
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 2
Original post by acontium
It all depends how close everybody else is to the requirements :frown: Good luck though!

Oh wow :/
Original post by ryan_v_gomez
I've accepted the University of Bristol as my first choice for MENG Electronics and Electrical Engineering. The offer was that i need an AAA (Including Math and Physics). But I'm quite certain that I would only get an ABB maximum. Would they still accept me?

They're not obliged to take you if you miss the offer. If it's a very close miss then there's probably a decent chance they'd let you in (depending on how many others get in) but if it's by two grades, I don't think it's particularly likely. Not that it's impossible, I know people who have got into their firm choice after missing their offer by 2 grades, but I don't think that's very common at all. Try your hardest to get the offer.
Reply 4
Original post by Plagioclase
They're not obliged to take you if you miss the offer. If it's a very close miss then there's probably a decent chance they'd let you in (depending on how many others get in) but if it's by two grades, I don't think it's particularly likely. Not that it's impossible, I know people who have got into their firm choice after missing their offer by 2 grades, but I don't think that's very common at all. Try your hardest to get the offer.

Ahh okay, well thanks :biggrin:
Reply 5
It all depends for the course, I hate to burst your bubble but it's highly unlikely they would take someone for such a competitive course who doesn't get the grades. Especially if you miss more than one grade.

Quick Reply

Latest