Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

About Accommodation

University Navigation

Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016
    • Thread Starter

    hey guys i am from India. i have applied for masters course in design for Sept 2016. i would like to have suggestions for accommodation like whether i should go for University accommodation or Private.? which private accommodation is good.?

    Private is good, I think if you go for APPS student living, Unilodge are fine but please do not go for Lynden House accomodation which is owned by the university. The place is nice, quiet only 18 mins walk to the university but the landlord is very bad. He will try to find excuses to charge students if he thinks something is not clean enough in his eyes in the kitchen. It is currently 133 pounds per week not sure if it will be higher this year but for that amount of money the kitchen water pipes are bad, it gets clogged very easily. Fire alarms always ring on Friday afternoon, sometimes out of the blue the fire alarm will ring and it takes a long time for the people to come over to fix, after a couple of hours when it is the worst the situation. Sometimes its ok.
    • Thread Starter

    ohh and what about Study inn..?
Write a reply…


Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 11, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Do you like sleeping in a cold room?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.