The Student Room Group

About literacy test

Hi!

I am planning to start an access course this september(science) with the hope to start a Genetics degree in the future.
I have a open day in approximately a week and a half and I am really worried about the literacy test.
I took GCSE maths classes this year and I start the exams in two weeks so i confident i can do well enough in the numeracy test but I never studied a GCSE english before (I'm spanish :smile:). I worry my english it's just not good enough and I don't really know what to do.
Can anyone give a hint about how the exam is or what level do i need?
Thank you for your time guys
Original post by Freida
Hi!

I am planning to start an access course this september(science) with the hope to start a Genetics degree in the future.
I have a open day in approximately a week and a half and I am really worried about the literacy test.
I took GCSE maths classes this year and I start the exams in two weeks so i confident i can do well enough in the numeracy test but I never studied a GCSE english before (I'm spanish :smile:). I worry my english it's just not good enough and I don't really know what to do.
Can anyone give a hint about how the exam is or what level do i need?
Thank you for your time guys

Hi good course choice, I was considering genetics it looks really interesting.

How did the assessment go? I'm starting a science access course in September as well:smile:

You'll receive plenty of support from your college for English, just make sure you contact the uni's you want to go to and ask them if any english qualifications will be required, you may need to do English gcse alongside the access course.

Good luck

Quick Reply

Latest