Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

About Accommodation

University Navigation

Announcements Posted on
Last day to win £100 of Amazon vouchers - don't miss out! Take our quick survey to enter 24-10-2016
    • Thread Starter

    hey guys please suggest me which accommodation i should go for University accommodation or Private? Which one is good for private.?

    Well it depends on what type of accommodation you want, e.g. whether ensuite or shared bathrooms. I would also like to mention that ALL letting agencies are really bad, and I mean like proper bad. They know you are a student and so they will all treat you really bad, e.g. trying to take all your deposit etc. Also Futurelets isn't much better, even though it is the Uni's letting agency. I understand that all the university owned accommodation is now under Futurelets, but I just want you to be wary of them as well. I think the best option is to go for Callice Court or Liberty, although their prices are really expensive. But trust me, it is better than having to go through all the other procedures when you try to rent a room from then. As for getting a private one, it will depends on whether you are lucky enough to pick one that is not the worst, but it could be just as bad.I know this reply may not have directly answered your question, but I just wanted to warn you that accommodation in Coventry isn't as simple as you may have thought it would be. But if this going to be your first year, they I would suggest go for the University owned ones, because in your next two years you may get a place with your friends through private.
    • Thread Starter

    okk and what about Study inn..?

    Study Inn is the most expensive student accomodation in Coventry, but is in the middle of the city centre, it has a lot of international students living there
Write a reply…


Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 11, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Would you rather find

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.