The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Postgradate Accommodation

Hello! Are there any current/future postgrads here? I'm looking for accommodation for my Masters at Sheffield, and I'm wondering which is the best option - Allen Court, Cratcliffe, or somewhere else (there seems to be so many different places!)? Looking around there seems to be many places similar to student halls, but with more facilities and a lower price.

I haven't previously studied in Sheffield so I want the best opportunities to meet people, join in, etc. I'd be working from a building opposite the hospital so I think it's about the same distance from either of the university accommodation sites. So I suppose the main things I'd be thinking about would be:

- Distance to city centre
- Best place for meeting people, university life, etc.
- Quality of shared living spaces (the bedrooms seem to be the same)
- Perks: Balconies, pool tables, common rooms, TVs in living room, balconies
- En Suite
- Whether I'd be likely to be sharing with other postgrad students

I imagine private accommodation would be the cheapest, but is the extra money worth it for the uni accommodation?
(edited 7 years ago)
Also does anyone know what the Sheffield 3, Aspect 3 or Rockingham House accommodations are like? Do they tend to be post/undergrads or UK/international students? They look similar to the uni halls but much cheaper!
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Original post by rubygloommel
Hello! Are there any current/future postgrads here? I'm looking for accommodation for my Masters at Sheffield, and I'm wondering which is the best option - Allen Court, Cratcliffe, or somewhere else (there seems to be so many different places!)? Looking around there seems to be many places similar to student halls, but with more facilities and a lower price.

I haven't previously studied in Sheffield so I want the best opportunities to meet people, join in, etc. I'd be working from a building opposite the hospital so I think it's about the same distance from either of the university accommodation sites. So I suppose the main things I'd be thinking about would be:

- Distance to city centre
- Best place for meeting people, university life, etc.
- Quality of shared living spaces (the bedrooms seem to be the same)
- Perks: Balconies, pool tables, common rooms, TVs in living room, balconies
- En Suite
- Whether I'd be likely to be sharing with other postgrad students

I imagine private accommodation would be the cheapest, but is the extra money worth it for the uni accommodation?

Hey Ruby

Hoping we can help out a little - If your looking for stylish accommodation in Sheffield then why not check out Fresh Student Living!.

We have 3 fantastic sites, all in great locations and close to the City Centre and Universities. All of our sites have social spaces, including regular on site social events, so a great way to meet and make new friends. There is a real mix of options; from shared apartments to your very own private studio.

We offer:
All bills included
Up to 100Mbps super-fast broadband
FREE contents insurance
Amazing social spaces with games room and tv lounge
On site gym and cinema room (at Century Sq)
(Please check website for facilities at each location)

We are regularly running Open Days at our sites, so please check out their webpages for all the up to date information. You can also pop in and see us any time.

GET IN TOUCH:
SHARMAN COURT: 0114 399 1580
CORNER HOUSE: 0114 321 7530
CENTURY SQUARE: 0114 399 1579
VISIT: FRESHSTUDENTLIVING.CO.UK/SHEFFIELD

We look forward to speaking with you soon!

Thanks,
Fresh
Original post by Fresh Student Living
Hey Ruby

Hoping we can help out a little - If your looking for stylish accommodation in Sheffield then why not check out Fresh Student Living!.

We have 3 fantastic sites, all in great locations and close to the City Centre and Universities. All of our sites have social spaces, including regular on site social events, so a great way to meet and make new friends. There is a real mix of options; from shared apartments to your very own private studio.

We offer:
All bills included
Up to 100Mbps super-fast broadband
FREE contents insurance
Amazing social spaces with games room and tv lounge
On site gym and cinema room (at Century Sq)
(Please check website for facilities at each location)

We are regularly running Open Days at our sites, so please check out their webpages for all the up to date information. You can also pop in and see us any time.

GET IN TOUCH:
SHARMAN COURT: 0114 399 1580
CORNER HOUSE: 0114 321 7530
CENTURY SQUARE: 0114 399 1579
VISIT: FRESHSTUDENTLIVING.CO.UK/SHEFFIELD

We look forward to speaking with you soon!

Thanks,
Fresh

I looked at these after I saw you reply on another post but it seems like all the en-suite rooms are gone, I'm not wanting a studio.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending