The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

PPE or HPE?

So I've been accepted for BA History, Politics, and Economics in UCL. However, I'm now torn between HPE and BSc Philosophy, Politics, and Economics. I'm interested in all the subjects mentioned, so it's hard for me to decide.

I've sent UCL an email asking if its possible whether I could transfer, but I haven't received an email yet...

Do you have any thoughts/advice? Thanks.
Reply 1
Hi,
It's actually the contrary for me!
I'm going to UCL to study PPE this september but I just discovered HPE exists, and I was wondering if it was possible to change, I didnt send a mail though, because I think in the end you can study History on your own whereas Philosophy seems a bit harder on your own + PPE (if you choose the Pol and Economics stream) might be a bit more mathematical as it is a Bsc + I think PPE is more renowned (but not sure at all, it's just a detail). Did you receive an answer?
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
Actually I went today to ask them in person, as they said to pop on over to ask, but they said that they're oversubscribed unfortunately and won't be able accomodate to me as there are enough people.

I made up my mind (deciding that I really do want to switch for a variety of reasons) a few months ago but I was expecting the rejection anyways, so yeah. *Sigh*

Have a great time with PPE though!
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Cy192
I think in the end you can study History on your own whereas Philosophy seems a bit harder on your own + PPE (if you choose the Pol and Economics stream) might be a bit more mathematical as it is a Bsc + I think PPE is more renowned

Haha, actually this was also my thinking.
Original post by Cy192
Hi,
It's actually the contrary for me!
I'm going to UCL to study PPE this september but I just discovered HPE exists, and I was wondering if it was possible to change, I didnt send a mail though, because I think in the end you can study History on your own whereas Philosophy seems a bit harder on your own + PPE (if you choose the Pol and Economics stream) might be a bit more mathematical as it is a Bsc + I think PPE is more renowned (but not sure at all, it's just a detail). Did you receive an answer?

Heyy, I just wanted to know what your outcome was when you did this

Latest

Trending

Trending