The Student Room Group

PPE or HPE?

So I've been accepted for BA History, Politics, and Economics in UCL. However, I'm now torn between HPE and BSc Philosophy, Politics, and Economics. I'm interested in all the subjects mentioned, so it's hard for me to decide.I've sent UCL an email asking if its possible whether I could transfer, but I haven't received an email yet...Do you have any thoughts/advice? Thanks.
Reply 1
Hi, It's the contrary for me!
I'm going to UCL to study PPE this september but I just discovered HPE exists, and I was wondering if it was possible to change, I didnt send a mail though, because I think in the end you can study History on your own whereas Philosophy seems a bit harder on your own + PPE (if you choose the Pol and Economics stream) might be a bit more mathematical as it is a Bsc + I think PPE is more renowned (but not sure at all, it's just a detail).
Did you receive an answer?
Original post by Cy192
Hi, It's the contrary for me!
I'm going to UCL to study PPE this september but I just discovered HPE exists, and I was wondering if it was possible to change, I didnt send a mail though, because I think in the end you can study History on your own whereas Philosophy seems a bit harder on your own + PPE (if you choose the Pol and Economics stream) might be a bit more mathematical as it is a Bsc + I think PPE is more renowned (but not sure at all, it's just a detail).
Did you receive an answer?

Are you interested in Russia/Eastern Europe?
Reply 3
Nah not really why?
Original post by Cy192
Nah not really why?

Because the HPE course is based at and run by UCL's School of Slavonic and East European Studies, nearly all its modules have a heavy Eastern Europe-focus. See module list here (click structure): http://www.ucl.ac.uk/ssees/prospective-students/undergraduate/history-politics-economics-ba
Reply 5
Original post by Snufkin
Because the HPE course is based at and run by UCL's School of Slavonic and East European Studies, nearly all its modules have a heavy Eastern Europe-focus. See module list here (click structure): http://www.ucl.ac.uk/ssees/prospective-students/undergraduate/history-politics-economics-ba

Ok I see thank you very much. Btw, can I ask you something(I'll probably make a post anyway) do you think PPE at UCL is more prestigious than Government nd Economics at LSE?
Original post by Cy192
Ok I see thank you very much. Btw, can I ask you something(I'll probably make a post anyway) do you think PPE at UCL is more prestigious than Government nd Economics at LSE?

I have no idea, sorry.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending