Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Personal statement

Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016
    • Thread Starter

    I want to do law at university but also have bachelor of education as a back up in case I get no offers.
    What is the best way to go about this?

    Posted from TSR Mobile

    Both courses are very competitive, so you can't write a PS that covers both courses I'm afraid

    If I were you I'd focus on the law as that's what you want to do most. If you don't get in, then take a gap year and reapply for your other choice, or law again when you have more experience/skills I say that because as Interrobang says, both courses would be difficult to mush together in one personal statement.

    If you hate the idea of a gap year (a gap year is often actually really appreciated by people once they take it) then it might be worth asking the university you want to do the BoE with if they will accept a separate PS, but then again that doesn't look good because it shows your commitment lies elsewhere.
Write a reply…


Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 18, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Do you like sleeping in a cold room?
Useful resources
Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Find your perfect uni course

Don't know where to apply? Let our uni match maker be your guide

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.