Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Missed my A level french oral because of depression/anxiety

Announcements Posted on
Why bother with a post grad? Are they even worth it? Have your say! 26-10-2016

(Just some context): I've had a pretty awful year what with my parents divorce, my father's abuse and having to move out because I was so scared of him. I've also suffered from depression and anxiety since I was 12 and been self harming on and off, so A Levels have been an extremely difficult and stressful period for me.

My depression and anxiety has increased to breaking point, and the day before the exam I had a complete breakdown and was seriously contemplating suicide. Because of this I missed my exam and my GP has written a letter to the exam board saying that there was no way I could have done the exam with the state I'm in. Apparently what they do now is wait for all the other units to be completed then take an average mark from what I get in the other A-Level units. This makes me even more worried because my speaking mark is hanging in the balance of how I do in the written exam and I'm not sure what to do

Really sorry to read about everything you've been and are going through.

Realistically, if your school and GP are acting on your behalf and have done their part in notifying the exam board, there is not a lot more to be done. Just do your best with the other exams - that's all anyone can ask of you, EVER! Try your hardest and that way at least you will be able to know that you couldn't have done anything more, and you can hold your head high with regards to whatever mark you get

The most important thing at the moment is to keep safe and engage in small acts of self-kindness. That has to take priority at the moment.

Take care and good luck :hugs:
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 13, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Cats: Yay or nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.