The Student Room Group

Psychology AQA paper 1- revision

Scroll to see replies

Do you think l could get away with having 2 evaluations points for a 6 marker...if its explained in depth??
Predictions for tomorrows exam are up on Loopa here: http://www.loopa.co.uk/unit-1-new-spec-predictions-for-as-psychology-may-2016/

Hope they help - always best to revise everything !
(edited 7 years ago)
This is for people resitting-not the new spec
Original post by Mephestic
Predictions for tomorrows exam are up on Loopa here: http://www.loopa.co.uk/unit-1-new-spec-predictions-for-as-psychology-may-2016/

Hope they help - always best to revise everything !

Well, he was quick! I
Original post by Cba_for_exams
This is for people resitting-not the new spec

Yup sorry pasted the wrong link - just corrected it - correct link is here:

http://www.loopa.co.uk/unit-1-new-spec-predictions-for-as-psychology-may-2016/

It was the right link :smile:

Brilliant, thanks!
image.jpg

In our sixth-form they gaves us revision booklets containing everything we need to know for the new spec.
Again if anyone has some thigns for role of the father I would really appreciate it!!
Original post by THESTRESS
Again if anyone has some thigns for role of the father I would really appreciate it!!

Role of the Father

AO1

There is now an expectation in Western cultures that the father should play a greater role in bringing up children than was previously the case. Also, the number of mothers working full time has increased in recent decades, and this has also led to fathers having a move active role.However, whereas mothers usually adopt a more caregiving and nurturing role compared to father, fathers adopt a more play-mate role than mothers. For example, fathers are more likely than mothers to encourage risk taking in their children by engaging them in physical games.Most infants prefer contact with their father when in a positive emotional state and wanting to play. In contrast most infants prefer contact with their mother when they are distressed and need comforting.

AO3

Numerous factors effect the father's role and the impact he has on his child's emotional development. For example, culture, father's age, and the amount of time the father spends away from home. The existence of so many factors means it difficult to make generalisations about the father's role.Cultural Factors.

There are also cultural differences in the role of the father. Until very recently men were expected to be breadwinners and not to have direct involvement in their children’s care. However this might be a very stereotypical view rather than reflect reality as fathers might not have been directly involved in the day to day care but they were involved in factors like play, instruction and guidance.In modern familie, fathers are less likely to engage in physical play in middle class Indian families.
Original post by the.chantele
Role of the Father

AO1

There is now an expectation in Western cultures that the father should play a greater role in bringing up children than was previously the case. Also, the number of mothers working full time has increased in recent decades, and this has also led to fathers having a move active role.However, whereas mothers usually adopt a more caregiving and nurturing role compared to father, fathers adopt a more play-mate role than mothers. For example, fathers are more likely than mothers to encourage risk taking in their children by engaging them in physical games.Most infants prefer contact with their father when in a positive emotional state and wanting to play. In contrast most infants prefer contact with their mother when they are distressed and need comforting.

AO3

Numerous factors effect the father's role and the impact he has on his child's emotional development. For example, culture, father's age, and the amount of time the father spends away from home. The existence of so many factors means it difficult to make generalisations about the father's role.Cultural Factors.

There are also cultural differences in the role of the father. Until very recently men were expected to be breadwinners and not to have direct involvement in their children’s care. However this might be a very stereotypical view rather than reflect reality as fathers might not have been directly involved in the day to day care but they were involved in factors like play, instruction and guidance.In modern familie, fathers are less likely to engage in physical play in middle class Indian families.

Could you get a 12 marker just on the role of the father? Or is it only a 6 marker you can get?
Original post by Dannyboy789
Could you get a 12 marker just on the role of the father? Or is it only a 6 marker you can get?

It has pontential for it to be a 12 marker.
It has pontential for it to be a 12 marker.

Thanks, I've only leaned the AO1 so you might have saved me!
Original post by rajneetk
That's what my teacher said too lmao
I attached an image of the 'mark scheme' our teachers gave us :smile: so yeah about 80% to get an A-

is that 80% on both papers or 80% overall
Since each topics Social influence, attachment and memory is out of 24. It's guranteed for each there will be a 12 marker and 8 marker. In a past paper l have done, it had both in social influence.

I just hope the 12 or 8 markers that l revise will come up and l dont mess them up👎🏾

what kind of questions have you answered?
Original post by Laurenloops
My teacher gave us all the possible questions that could come up as 12 markers and role of the Father wasn't one of them. I don't think there is enough information anywhere about it and would have thought if a question comes up the maximum it will be is 6 marks.

Everyone using the green haired girl book will be in the same boat if it does come up as a 12 marker at least, but i don't think it would be.

what kind of possible questions did your teacher give you? could you please share it with all us students:smile:
Original post by bakersman110
what kind of possible questions did your teacher give you? could you please share it with all us students:smile:

It's everything in the green haired girl book that has an entire double page to itself (One page describing, one page evaluating). The one with only half a page like the role of the father are unlikely to be 12 markers as i don't think there is enough to write about to get 12 marks.

It's always going to be a 'describe and evaluate' question and she gave us over 20 it could be. If there is a large amount describing and evaluating it in the book, it could definitely be a 12 marker. If there is only a small amount on it, likelihood is it will appear as a smaller question.

She didn't give us any predictions or anything, example include describe and evaluate:
-Milgram
-Zimbardo
-Bowlbys theory of maternal deprivation
-Animal studies into attachment
-Working memory model
etc.

There are too many too write, but in my book there is a small amount on the role of the father and 2 evaluation points, whereas the possible 12 markers all have a large amount of info and 5 evaluation points.

To be safest, everyone should just revise everything :P
Original post by Laurenloops
It's everything in the green haired girl book that has an entire double page to itself (One page describing, one page evaluating). The one with only half a page like the role of the father are unlikely to be 12 markers as i don't think there is enough to write about to get 12 marks.

It's always going to be a 'describe and evaluate' question and she gave us over 20 it could be. If there is a large amount describing and evaluating it in the book, it could definitely be a 12 marker. If there is only a small amount on it, likelihood is it will appear as a smaller question.

She didn't give us any predictions or anything, example include describe and evaluate:
-Milgram
-Zimbardo
-Bowlbys theory of maternal deprivation
-Animal studies into attachment
-Working memory model
etc.

There are too many too write, but in my book there is a small amount on the role of the father and 2 evaluation points, whereas the possible 12 markers all have a large amount of info and 5 evaluation points.

To be safest, everyone should just revise everything :P

oh right i see thank you
Anybody else think paper 2 seems much easier than paper 1 in regards to topics?
I'm terrified for this exam

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending