Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Putting your boyfriend up on a pedestal

Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016

Hello guys!

So.. I am currently in a 7 month relationship, me and my boyfriend were friends just under a year before we officially got together. He's literally the most down to earth and caring guy that I have ever met. We are also in a LDR and we see each other at least once a week (I'm in Birmingham and he's in London) we're pretty committed to making our relationship work and we've already told our parents about each other. Our relationship is great at the moment besides the small argument we had over the fact I went to a gig with 100/1 guy ratio.. 🙄

Now here's the small issue; I understand it can be difficult to show affection over a phone conversation and through text. He has slowly stopped yet will pick up whenever I haven't said anything nice to him. As we don't see each other everyday, communication is key and I like to remind him that I'm here, thinking of him etc.

I feel like I have put him up on a pedestal slightly? I speak nicely of him and I think he's just pretty amazing. I never let a day pass where I won't send him a text with something nice. I feel he's used to it and feels like he doesn't have to reciprocate? He's been in a mood the entire week..It's just made me feel unappreciated..

Doesnt sound like you have him on a pedestal, more like you are complaining becayse he isnt making effort. Very smart in emphasising communication. Why not reduce yours down to his level for a few weeks and see if he notices. You can then discuss what you both might do to make it work and keep it fresh. Part of you needs to step back a little though and dont suffocate.
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 13, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Do you like sleeping in a cold room?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.