The Student Room Group

Choosing a university

Hello everyone, I am a international student and I am planning to complete my masters in child psychology from UK. Currently I got offer from Greenwich university and Stirling and I just can't decide with which university I should go with. Can anyone please tell me which university is good?
Original post by aish16021994
Hello everyone, I am a international student and I am planning to complete my masters in child psychology from UK. Currently I got offer from Greenwich university and Stirling and I just can't decide with which university I should go with. Can anyone please tell me which university is good?

We'll both are quite good, Stirling is in Scotland though which is freezing all the time plus it's a bit boring. Greenwich is also good and it's in London, it's so pretty as well, also I think there's more social life.
Here did some research for you:
http://www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/league-tables/compare?s=Psychology&i=1242&i=1346
Reply 2
Okay so thrs one plus point for Greenwich. Also to what extend ranking matters cause if we compare Stirling's ranking is highe as compared to greenwich.
Reply 3
Okay so thrs one plus point for Greenwich. Also to what extend ranking matters cause if we compare Stirling's ranking is highe as compared to greenwich.

Can you not look that up yourself?
Reply 4
Original post by shazy2014
We'll both are quite good, Stirling is in Scotland though which is freezing all the time plus it's a bit boring. Greenwich is also good and it's in London, it's so pretty as well, also I think there's more social life.
Here did some research for you:
http://www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/league-tables/compare?s=Psychology&i=1242&i=1346

And thank you so much for the help. Will go through the link.

Idk that much tbh because employers prefer respected Unis but in this case both are good. But for example if you went to a top uni and got a rubbish class of degree, then it wouldn't matter. So I'd say forget about rankings and go to one you think you'll do better in and be more relaxed that way you'll do better studying there

Are there any differences in terms of course content?

I wouldnt say scotland was boring like the other poster out but there will be less to do than in london

London will be a lot higher living cost wise (probably about £3000 or more dependent on where you want to live there and how much you use the public transport etc)
Reply 7
Original post by madmadmax321
Are there any differences in terms of course content?

I wouldnt say scotland was boring like the other poster out but there will be less to do than in london

London will be a lot higher living cost wise (probably about £3000 or more dependent on where you want to live there and how much you use the public transport etc)

Yes for Stirling mostly has focus on research whereas Greenwich has focus on practical work as well...
And as far the living cost is concerned..it will be fine by me. I will prefer staying on campus rather than private so travelling will be less and also it's safer
Reply 8
Original post by shazy2014
Idk that much tbh because employers prefer respected Unis but in this case both are good. But for example if you went to a top uni and got a rubbish class of degree, then it wouldn't matter. So I'd say forget about rankings and go to one you think you'll do better in and be more relaxed that way you'll do better studying there

Yes I agree with what you are saying.
Yes for Stirling mostly has focus on research whereas Greenwich has focus on practical work as well...
And as far the living cost is concerned..it will be fine by me. I will prefer staying on campus rather than private so travelling will be less and also it's safer

Which one do you want more of/prefer? than go for that course imo as reputation is similar and you may only be there for 1 year so neither place will get boring as they will both be new. Unless you have a preference to a type of location then london for the big city and Stirling for the smaller city

Quick Reply

Latest